Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ashes
  • tang
    Free Member

Loving seeing the Aussies with a little less swagger for a change. However, as a long suffering England fan, I take nothing for granted! Some late nights coming up…..

psychle
    Free Member

It’ll be a tight series, though I do still feel we’ll win it, just… ‘we’ being Australia btw… home ground advantage plus the fact it’s England we’re playing will make the difference, hopefully!

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

I don’t think it will be as tight as you think the green baggies to win for me 😆

tang
    Free Member

Knowing the Aussies….when I lived there I was truly flabbergasted at the quality of sports facilities in even smallish towns, all well used it seemed.
    My claim to fame though is that my great uncle was responsible for the first tied test ever at the ‘Gabba’. On the 7th ball of the over with one stump to aim for from 12 metres out, threw the ball in and hit the stumps, running Meckiff out by a few inches (he tells me it was from getting green mango’s out of the tree as a kid in Guyana). I was in Brisbane when they celebrated the 40th anniversary.

zokes
    Free Member

I don’t think it will be as tight as you think the green baggies to win for me

Well, the states and ‘A’ team were soundly thrashed (the latter by our second-string side). Usually we’ve already practised out loosing by the first test, but we don’t seem to be very good at it at the moment.

Australia have just found a new thing they want to beat us at – inventive ways of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. (Though lets face it, the aussies have hardly been near the jaws of victory for some time…)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Open top bus parade?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wish I could stay up to watch, but I’ll have to make do with the highlights! Gonna be hard work not finding out what’s been going on till I get home though!! Have channel 4 or 5 got the highlights?

zokes
    Free Member

Be grateful for the highlights over there! Over here, whilst the play is on free to air, there don’t seem to be any highlights, and of course, I’ll be at work most of the time whilst it’s on!

spacemonkey

ITV4 have the highlights, do they not?

tang
    Free Member

Thats another thing; dont the Aussies get every home or away cricket match free to air? I shall not get sky ever. Miss those summer days with the test on all day. At least we get a good chunk of TDF in the summer.

tang
    Free Member

nervous opening test so far from the batsmen, tidy work from bell and hussey. looking like a good series to come if things stay close. fair play to siddle, hat trick on your birthday on the opening ashes test in front of a home crowd. maybe he wont shave that poor movember off. i wouldnt.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ashes’ is closed to new replies.