• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jes.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Asgard x6 /x8 bike storage
  • sparkyrhino

Anyone have one of the larger, Asgard jobies?.if so what are like to live with, idealy we need storage for 6 bikes and spares/tools, ideally have room for fettling in stand too.Any alternative suggestions?
    Cheers

jes
    Free Member

Yep, got it second hand but only a few months old.

Build and quality is superb.

You can fit 6 bikes ok and I have a work stand sat in a corner but you would need to take 2-3 bikes out to work in there.

Unfortunately its not quite tall enough to hang bikes up.

woody74

I’ll just chuck this option in http://www.veloshed.co.uk

sparkyrhino

Cheers all, like the look of the velosheds, just not big enough,need fettlin space,cheers Jes are the bikes all mtb? Have 4 mtb’s and 2 roadies to squeeze in.what type of base is yours on ?

ta11pau1

I’ve got the motorbike one which is the same as the 7x bicycle one, it’s awesome.

Had it for about a year, it fits 2 motorbikes and there’s enough room for at least one bicycle too, I’ve got power running to it with an LED strip light.

Zero condensation and it’s nice and secure, it’s not been tested but I feel good about £7k’s worth of motorbikes being in there along with a few hundred quids worth of tools.

They also do a separate bike rack, with my layout it might not let hang a MTB up but I’ll need to check.

Any questions, let me know. It’s a 2 man job to erect, takes a good few hours too. The LED light I have fits perfectly on the existing screws so no need for any drilling.

firestarter
    Free Member

One thing to bear in mind is when I spoke to my insurance company the guy was a cyclist and he suggested that using something like the Asgard was perhaps advertising the fact you had expensive bikes otherwise you wouldn’t have the shed. It’s not something I’d have thought of tbh

jes
    Free Member

Sparky, 26″ MTBs and a 24″ dirt jump bike, but only 4 in total to allow space at the front to move around in.

If money was no object then I would probally go for the 10′ x 7′ version, but I have another shed or garage to work in.

As a quick fix, its on a patio area with cotswold stones, which I cleared a space in and laid down some recycled plastic garden tiles from B&Q on top of the anti weed mat, luckily I had got the ground reasonable flat before putting the mat and stones down.

Ideally I would put it on a concreate base.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Asgard x6 /x8 bike storage’ is closed to new replies.