Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Asgard Single Bike Storage Locker – anyone got one?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

We are thinking about getting one of these to store my wife’s wheelchair in at the front of our house, but it’s not easy to get to actually see one in the flesh to check sizing/ease of opening. I don’t suppose anyone in or around London has one or knows where there is one we’d be able to have a look at?

We’d be eternally grateful!

nedrapier

Give them a call, they have show models in garden centres, they might know of one near you.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Ta – I did ask their online assistant person, and she said they only have them to look at at their Bradford factory… if anyone knows any London-area stockists that would also be useful.

nedrapier

Yeah, that sounds familiar now you say it!

I did as much scrutineering as I could over the online plans, called to clarify a couple, even did a bit of trigonometry, then ordered and held my breath,. It fitted. Just!

What’s the biggest concern with this one and the wheelchair? height? door width?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Well we’re pretty sure that the dimensions are ok for the wheelchair, but my wife particularly is nervous about just ordering one without knowing how easy it will be to actually operate the doors and move the chair in and out of the unit. We’re a bit tight for space where it would go, so the end-opening single bike unit looks like a good option provided it is actually usable for her.

nedrapier

Shame, I’ve just moved mine form north London, I think you’re North aren’t you?

Mine is the slightly burlier “insurance approved” one. The door catch was easy to operate and they swung freely. Once I’d leveled out the base, anyway!

theflatboy
    Free Member

I am north, yep – N8 like you used to be, right? Bad timing!

Thanks for the info about the door, though – that’s encouraging at least. She’ll definitely want to find and try one I imagine – if anyone can help out it would be appreciated. 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think Thor stores his big hammer in one.

IGMC.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Not in an Einherjar?

nedrapier

I can’t imagine you’d have a problem, they’re well made to appropriate tolerances, mine stuck because it was on 8 flagstones that weren’t level. Sorted once I’d got a couple of folds of plastic from a milk bottle under the right corner.

I might have got a lucky one, but if everything else is right, I wouldn’t worry about the door.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks for the input – it’s really helpful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Asgard Single Bike Storage Locker – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.