Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Asgard security sheds
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Anyone used one?
    Notice the big 4 bike model has £150 off the price, and I’ve currently got 4 bikes cluttering up the kitchen. Do they have any problems,things like condensation etc? How secure are they?
    I have a very large shed/garage at the bottom of the garden but its in no way secure, so the Asgard will be in a corner of my garden.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Interested to know too

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I have one made by trimetals – it’s similar to the asgard one. Mine’s in the corner of the garden in quite a sheltered spot and condensation and hence rust has never been a problem. The box is about 5 years old now and has aged really well.

g5604
    Free Member

I have the three bike version. They are excellent, no condensation, very dry. Not sure how secure as I sleep above mine and so would hear it being opened.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The 4 bike version weighs 18.5 stone so anyone trying to get into it will be making one hell of a noise!
    Glad to know they are dry though. How are they for ease of use, moving parts etc?

MoreCashThanDash

A mate has one. Seems secure, and anyone breaking in will make a hell of a noise!

rOcKeTdOg

If only the owner of an MTB magazine had written an article about installing one with his son 😉

DT78
    Free Member

Yep dry. Worth buying the flooring to deaden the sound of getting your bikes in and out (or not I leave early and don’t want to wake people). Shelving pack is good to. To get in someone would need and angle grinder and make a lot of noise. Combine with some heavy duty chains and alarms it is prob more secure than the home

GolfChick
    Free Member

yeah got the 4 bike version but only store 3 bikes in it and I think I’d struggle to fit another with my spare tyres etc in it. Moved in with the OH and he only has a £100 shed that is made of cheese and the garage is full of his retro Honda CRX. Have only had it maybe 4 months but so far I love it, insanely easy to use with the bikes yet properly tough and high quality. As has been said it weighs an absolute tonne constructed so anyone who approaches and thinks they’ll lift it away, good luck! For that reason I haven’t bothered to fasten it to the concrete base as seems not the way it would be attacked. Will take a noisy racquet to get into and isn’t easy to snoop at it before hand to scope out how to remove it so fairly confident with it. Haven’t bought an accessory pack yet, have managed to bend two bits of metal to create two hooks in either corner and I’m managing with that so far simply because I keep thinking of other ways to spend the money!

jamesmio
    Free Member

Friends who run the Buccleuch hotel in Moffat have got 10 of them out the back for guest motorbikes, they’re excellent. Zero issues with condensation at all. As with anything security based,a well armed and determined thief will find a way in, but they’re as solidly built as you could feasibly hope.

I’d buy one if I didn’t have a garage.

g5604
    Free Member

I recommend shelve and hook kit. I keep everything for 3 bikea, tyres, helmets, bags etc

AlasdairMc

I have the three bike version, and I use it to store four bikes, plus two wheels, a toolbox, workstand and a gazebo. It’s getting a bit Krypton Factor to fit everything in, but I’ve spun round the bars on two of the bikes so just the two that get regular use are at the front.

No issues with condensation, some rust on the floor but it’s about six or seven years old and I don’t take any special care of it.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cheers all, for those of you who built your own, how critical was getting the base level?
    The article mentions something about it and I’ll be putting it on an old flagstone patio area that may well not be perfectly level.
    I do have a spirit level though.

jimmy

I have one and prefer the bikes in there to the garage. Nothing to add to the above otherwise.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I’ve had one for 6 years now. The larger 4 bike version. Road bikes it would fit 4 but for MTBs I’d stick to 3 – unless you’re prepared to turn the bars.
    It’s also pretty important to put it on a level base – otherwise the lid won’t shut properly and the padlock hoops – if misaligned will make it harder to lock.

fettlin

Have a four bike version and love it. Can only echo the above, no condensation issues and baring needing a clean out it looks as good as new five years in. Get a shelf kit, don’t get the hook kit though (£2 for a pack of hooks on fleabay). The only criticism I have is that with the fashion for slacker/longer bikes and wider bars you do need to be creative getting it all in (as above, tuning bars or cocking a wheel etc). But that isn’t the sheds fault though…

As you can see, three bikes in and not a lot of room for a fourth.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GD6hBC]Bike shed[/url] by andy.gines, on Flickr

Stealth edit: as for level base, it is necessary but the kit comes with packers to take up any wobble, not too difficult to sort out.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How difficult was it to build yourself?

lehutch
    Free Member

I ordered the 29er 4 bike version a couple of days ago, it’s around 25cm longer than the 4 bike version so would give an extra useful bit of space to cram my bikes in….they have an extra 10% off to celebrate the tour de yorkshire this weekend….I’m guessing this % off will disappear soon so best get on with it…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

All my bikes are titchy though 😀

g5604
    Free Member

4 bikes in the 3! I find it pretty hard to get 3 in.

LeeW

I just ordered a 29er bundle, I’ve been looking at them for years and have always trusted the shed/garage. but the prices they’re up for at the moment is a bit of a steal. (Pardon the pun)

GolfChick
    Free Member

Extremely easy to build but will need two people, I was the holder while the OH hogged the tools on this occasion. Really easy as they literally come in giant pieces, simple! Wouldn’t hesitate to build myself again, its all labelled on each panel too.

dpfr

The only bit that might be tricky is anchoring it to a concrete base. I didn’t fancy that and paid for the installation service. The two lads who delivered it took about 20 minutes to do the whole job.

I have the 1-bike Asgard box which holds a 29er and a road bike easily enough. It doesn’t have a floor though and there is some condensation, though that has decreased since I spread a load of gravel in there.

molgrips
    Free Member

They are great if the burglary risk is mostly from giants in your area.

tonyf1
    Free Member

I’ve had a 4 bike 29er for a couple of years and it’s still as good as new and probably more secure than the garage or house. It would require some serious tools to break in. Top tip – The floor can get scratched so lined it with artificial turf, deadens noise and hides the mud.

LeeW

Nice one Molgrips, I guess anyone opposed to the Alliance of the four great nations would find them a bit of a pita too.

fettlin

Mate and I took a relaxed hour (with brew stop) to build and level it, you only really need two people when it comes to fitting the lid. Competent DIY skills won’t struggle, it’s only ten panels screwed together, but a battery drill/screwdriver will be your friend!

DT78
    Free Member

Anyone disassembled one to move house?

dpfr

I think I’d sooner disassemble my house…

squirrelking
    Free Member

Took a look at the site.

My god is their pricing all over the place, the 7×7 shed costs more than the motorbike 8×7 despite the fact that the motorbike shed is exactly the same kit barring some extra extension panels plus it comes with the wooden sub floor as standard. Tempted to just get one and be done with it, my present metal shed has had it and I REALLY want the bikes out the house.

g5604
    Free Member

I am moving soon, really not looking forward to taking it down, but can’t see it being a problem it is just screwed together

mark d
    Free Member

I have the Bike Storage 3 version, two doors, fixed roof.
    Took two of us to put together first time around, as someone said before, only really need help to lift the roof on.
    Recently moved house and dismantled it myself in around 20 mins, drill with screwdriver bit, and set it up on the existing patio at new place in half an hour or so. All fits together very easily.
    No condensation, no issues with being slightly off level.

jolmes
    Free Member

Also the owner of the 4 bikes one. Build took two of us, one holding, the other sitting inside with the electric screwdriver, definitely a need for the build. Was fit and forget. Haven’t yet had to move it but im not looking forward to dismantling it. After seeing those shelves and hooks though in fettlin’s post, gonna add those in later in the month!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Asgard security sheds’ is closed to new replies.