Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Asgard bike sheds
  • hboycey
    Free Member

Looking to buy the three bike police approved bike shed from Asgard. Just looking for any recommendations/experiences anyone has. Is it easy to install? Looking to put it on paving slabs, any experience of doing this?

Thanks

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi,
    Where do you live?
    I’ve got a the 4 bike one in Manchester which I’m looking to sell. It’s in perfect condition, having been only used in the house. I could deliver within reason.

Anyway to answer your question…

We got it when we lived in a house with no window locks and a rotten front door. The idea was to increase theivery time from 10 seconds to a few minutes. It served the purpose. I’m not convinced that it could withstand a sustained attack from a competent thief. It’s just soo big. To make it secure would involve way too much steel.

It was easy to assemble (and dissassemble when we moved house). Instrusctions were ok.

We bought one at work as well which was assembled by the courier company (ie for Aasgard) they did an absolutely shit job and missed loads of bolts out. But Assgard came round and fixed it.

The work one was installed on paving slabs. Seemed fine. They supply plastic spacers with it.

Ours takes 4 bikes with a bit of dismantling, along with a tyreocrete and an old railway wheel and 6m of Pragmasis chain. Takes a lot of faffing even with a key.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Just looked on the site and seen the Police Approved one. Should be more sturdy than mine as it has much less opening doors. But on the other hand looks a pain to use, especially if you’ll be using internal locks.

hmm

hboycey
    Free Member

Thanks for the info/offer, but would want the extra security for it to be outside. Just need somewhere safer than a wooden shed to put the bikes as they can’t go in the house.

tmb467
    Free Member

Got a 3bike police one turning up on Friday

Went to speak to Asgard about whether to go 3 or 4 bike one – the 3 bike one has thicker steel, an insurance approved lock and loads of features designed to prevent everything except a sustained power tools attack

Once I get it set up I can let you know anything you need to know or email me

sgn23
    Free Member

Duplicate thread from last week. Even used the same thread title as you.

hboycey
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. I’ll probably go for one just need to make sure I build a base correctly.

gingajim
    Free Member

I’ve had the three bike, Police approved one for the last three years. It’s set up on our paving slab patio with no issues. Super safe and I can actually fit up to 5 bikes in it! (4 road without taking the wheels off and one 29er, taking front wheel off). Fully recommend.

roswell
    Free Member

I have the 3 bike, police approved one. It is very solid and took myself and another a couple of hours to build and install. Not aware of anyone having tried to break into it so can’t comment on the security but I can confirm it is thick steel and weighs a tonne! I cast a concrete base which was easy enough to do but I expect it wouldn’t go far on slabs either. Just make sure they’re installed properly particularly if you want to install a ground anchor – part of the reason I went for a concrete base.

I have 3 mountain bikes, balance bike, kiddy seat and my kit and maintenance stuff. Not much room for anything else but don’t have to slam the door to get it shut!

markoc1984

I ordered one of these yesterday and managed to get 10% off using the following code: YJ10

Not sure if this code was for June only and will still work today in July, but you can find discounts codes on Google so hopefully will be new one if it doesn’t work now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I can see why you would want one of these, however I shed can work.

Mine are in a shed and have successfully seen off a theft attempt. My shed is actually relatively easy to break in to (on purpose) The bikes are then locked inside cabinets inside the shed.

However the chavs who tried to break in didn’t even get near the cabinets as the alarm went off.

My concern with an Asgard is that people who are just walking through gardens prospecting, will immediately know you have nice bikes.

Marin
    Free Member

Got 3 bike one in garden. Quiet area, garden quite hard to access. All bikes locked up together inside. If a casual chancer thief can break in without powertools enjoy the ride.

tmb467
    Free Member

Just constructed mine now – seems pretty solid (although there were tears when the holes didnt line up)

Now need an SDS drill for the reinforced concrete floor…can’t see it moving after that really

nickdavies

Generalist how much are you after?

marcgear
    Free Member

I paid for installation. Took them no time at all and was worth every penny because it looked like something that would be really hard to do on my own.

It’s the 29er one and has got two mountain bikes, a hybrid and three kids bikes (various sizes) in it.

hboycey
    Free Member

Cheers for the code. Still works, just ordered mine.

mcnultycop

Duplicate thread or not I’m glad it exists, 10% code still works.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

nickdavies

Sorry, only just seen the post. Erm dunno how much it’s worth. Am I right in thinking they’re £450-10% new ?
    I guess around £270…
    It’s in almost immaculate condition. Never used outside.

cheers

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Asgard bike sheds’ is closed to new replies.