Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Room for a sign/stall for bearing sales?

kaesae
    Free Member

Is there room to have, HUMP THIS! tattoo’d on your face!

pacemaker
    Free Member

If there is no secure bike rack, i would be taking my bike round the store with me….

I Think the management would take notice if all the local cyclists started doing that.

kaesae
    Free Member

I have to go to the post office and by the time I get there ate say 7pm starting at 7 am I’m not really into pushing my bike, hopefully they will sort it or I will simply get onto the council see what can be done.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, Ridefree!

Drac

The more you change the rules to try and get us to pay to use this forum /website the less of us support you! I may not be a mighty STW goderator with super human powers of cack all, but I am smart enough to understand that!

Ay? What rules is that then?

konabunny
    Free Member

Asda’s behaviour is just typical of any company that has a monopoly. They get arrogant.

druidh
    Free Member

Asda has a monopoly?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, it’s Monopoly is at aisle 5.

yunki
    Free Member

MrOvershoot

druidh – Member

Asda has a monopoly?

Oh yes didn’t you know?…..

To sell the most rank fruit & veg that if made of wax & old plastic bags would taste the same 😉

Oh and round these parts its “thu Asda”

Kevevs
    Free Member

lock your bike to the electric mobility scooters inside the front door. That’ll get you some attention. That crap is going to be outside till August so get used to it, new type directive from ASDA house – fill up any spare outdoor space with awkward “outdoor living” gubbins. we’ve got 4 massive pallets of compost and a **** 12ft trampoline to shift in and out as well as all that crap in your pics. There’s only 5 0r 6 of those big loop cycle lock things at our store, but they aren’t surrounded by crap. yet. If you manage to reclaim the cycle parking space I’ll be impressed Kaesae!

konabunny
    Free Member

Asda has a monopoly?

Yes,that’s why its service is so shite. Urgent government action is needed to change this.

kaesae
    Free Member

Went to asda today and wasn’t surprised too see they’re shit talkers as well as inconsiderate ass hats, crap is still there!

Don’t see the point in saying it’s getting moved when it’s not,

Does anyone else think the coucil we do anything about this?

ojom
    Free Member

do a jobby on it if you feel so strongly

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe it’ll take them more than a day and your wishes aren’t their priority?

kaesae
    Free Member

Have you gone mad TBC or have you simply forgotten about DNA 💡

I might get some local jakies too piss on it, could pay them in white lightning 😀

Maybe it will take them more than a day which is why I’m willing too wait until monday before I contact my local council and also one of my local MP’s.

That said it does show asda’s commitment to being complete and utter bankers and their willingness to descriminate against cyclists and lack of support for environmentally friendly forms of transport.

ojom
    Free Member

discrimination is very close to stupidity and ignorance in all but the dictionary. The irony is no one will have thought about it. Therefore there is no malice towards cyclists.

Perhaps they are barely used an no-one thought it would be a problem.

2 sides n all that.

konabunny
    Free Member

Kaesae: those two photos are the same.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Kaesae: those two photos are the same.

Don’t be silly! I’ve found at least ten differences. Do I win a prize?

ojom
    Free Member

LOLs – address please. You just won an inner tube or something of equivalent low value! 😀

poly
    Free Member

but a lot of cyclists are coming along then wandering about looking for somewhere else to put thier bikes, seen 5 riders donig that shit already.

if you can’t find somewhere to improvise locking a bike to, like we all did before bike racks appeared everywhere then you probably shouldn’t be wandering round ASDA without your carer.

bruneep
    pebblebeach
    Free Member

Either speak to the gsm (store manager) or call asda house. What’s the point in moaning on a forum., if you don’t like it then do something about it. Although I seriously doubt there isn’t some other piece of street furniture you could lock your bike to.

davidjones15
    Free Member

if you can’t find somewhere to improvise locking a bike to, like we all did before bike racks appeared everywhere then you probably shouldn’t be wandering round ASDA without your carer.

Like a bollard or something! 🙄

We didn’t get the Great in Great Britain by giving up so easily…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe it will take them more than a day which is why I’m willing too wait until monday before I contact my local council and also one of my local MP’s.

Excellent show of patience there ..matched only by your waits for the PO?

Fingers crossed they get an emergency team in Sunday to dismantle it.
    I am not sure they need planning for that decking as it has no foundations so i am not sure what you expect the council to do…out of interest what do you expect them to do?

ojom
    Free Member

bruneep – if he has a Pug then that’s what he gets.

sv

I am not sure they need planning for that decking as it has no foundations so i am not sure what you expect the council to do…out of interest what do you expect them to do?

😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

pebblebeach truth

ian martin
    Free Member

I was in tesco at hermiston gate the other evening with post pentland ride munches. There was no bike racks there either nor at halfords and decathlon next door but they all sell bikes. Odd!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You have the internet so why not do home shopping, and then you don’t have to worry about such insignificant things again…

Mind you there is the fact that public toilets never have bike racks, now that’s worth annoying a few people about and taking up their time that could be better spent doing other things

spooky_b329

Moving the display out won’t happen…if they move it out enough to use the bike rack as designed, it will block the pavement, giving pedestrians the choice of using the road, or pushing the bikes in the rack out of the way.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Beats me why you’re shopping there in the first place.

stocker
    Free Member

It’s not the issue of needed planning permission for the decking it’s the use of the bike store as additional retail floorspace which I am sure there will be conditions limiting the gross/net floor space for retail uses. There are probably other conditions limiting the use of the car park and travel options. The council will serve enforcement notice if you ring up enforcement and it is against the approved plans and legal agreements.

GrahamS

It’s not the issue of needed planning permission for the decking it’s the use of the bike store as additional retail floorspace which I am sure there will be conditions limiting the gross/net floor space for retail uses.

Yep – when ASDA was granted permission to build a supermarket the council probably stipulated conditions such as the number of disabled spaces, support for public transport options, recycling bins, cycle parking etc

If that is the case and ASDA are shown to be violating those conditions then the council could act (though knowing Edinburgh council, it won’t).

kaesae
    Free Member

As already stated asda agreed to move the decking on thursday night, not that the fact matters to the keyboard warriors that frequent this website.

Thanks for the input shocker and graham s, too often in the united kingdumb this kind of crap is made light off, which is why it gets more shit living here by the day.

The managers of that shop are well out of order doing this and have been told as much, maybe they will not have to move it, but I have to try and get it moved.

GrahamS

Good on you for trying kaesae. Yes there are bigger issues in the world, but that doesn’t mean the smaller ones should just slide.

Have you considered bringing it up with Spokes?

poly
    Free Member

Thanks for the input shocker and graham s, too often in the united kingdumb this kind of crap is made light off, which is why it gets more shit living here by the day.

The managers of that shop are well out of order doing this and have been told as much, maybe they will not have to move it, but I have to try and get it moved. If I felt like you I would be putting my efforts into moving to a utopian land where everything is better than here rather than worrying about the decking at ASDA meaning you have to park your bike perpendicular to the original intention of the bike stand. But then I like to actually change things that I am unhappy with rather than just complain!

GrahamS

But then I like to actually change things that I am unhappy with rather than just complain!

So is talking to ASDA management not attempting to “actually change things” then?

Seems a bit more sensible than moving countries in a huff.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Your ASDA store may have agreed to move the stuff but it is the porters that have to shift it in and out, and there are different people on each morning, and my experience is there is little communication down to the monkeys doing the job. Talk to one of the trolley pushers in Hi vis and ask ’em what they’ve been told..

poly
    Free Member

So is talking to ASDA management not attempting to “actually change things” then?

talking to ASDA is sensible yes, expecting them to fix it instantly is probably unrealistic (afterall how much does the average person arriving by bike spend in their store, and how many people arrive by bike – it isn’t going to be high up the priority list). Moaning about it on here is a bit pointless.

Seems a bit more sensible than moving countries in a huff.

except that this minor inconvenience“well out of order” behaviour by ASDA is just one example of “why it gets more shit living here by the day”. If you really believe its that bad (and lets face it if its taken several days to have no effect on ASDA he has no chance on fixing the rest of society, then get on your bike and go somewhere where the grass is greener.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.