Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • As soon as it's getting dark I'm going to..
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Draw the curtains, put the lights off, unplug the door bell & wrap some sponge round the doorknocker. 😆

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ll pack the wife off with the kids to go hassle the neighbours then go to the pub.

perchypanther
    Free Member

wrap some sponge round the doorknocker.

Dirty Boy!

Worst . Euphemism . Ever

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’ll be getting togged up in some sort of vampire kit then drinking too many beers while kids eat too many sweets and then throw up on the bouncy castle*

*whether it’s me or the kids is still to be determined

bikebouy
    Free Member

I shall be driving most of the night.

Enjoy being annoyed 😆

northernmatt

I have to take the boy to some form of kids party. I will not enjoy it one bit.

soobalias
    Free Member

wont be home till after dark but will remember to shut the gate and kill the outside light

the c***s don’t half make a fuss when I tell the little c***s to f*** off

GrahamS

..rush home to set up the apple bobbing and Bucket O’Doom™, put the pumpkin out and allow the delight of children to warm my miserable frozen heart.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not home!

My wife is into trick or treating, being American. I was initially a bit annoyed by this, but it turns out ok because she massively overbuys sweets and chocolate, and the kids bring back a crapload of their own so there’s always loads left over.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Don’t know what it is, but I feel like I need a Bucket O’Doom?

woody2000

I’m heading out with the kids this evening for a bit of sweet begging. Despite it being my birthday on Halloween, I’m a bit meh with the trick or treat thing for some reason. Love a good halloween party and dressing up, not keen on traipsing around trying to guess which houses the misery guts’ live in so I can avoid them 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ll be at the gym. Expect to come home and find the house covered in silly string because no one responded to the door knocking.

jekkyl

it’s not likely to be the same as the ‘buckets’ you had at Uni, well maybe it is, kids these days!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Trick or ruddy treat

[video]https://youtu.be/JDbe_3Qmkw4[/video]

GrahamS

Don’t know what it is, but I feel like I need a Bucket O’Doom?

It’s not very exciting (if you are a grown up).

A black bucket full of sweets, snakes and jellied eyeballs. Decorate with spiders and skeletons and covered over with black satanic cloths (bin liners) that only have a small slit where you can bravely insert a tentative hand…

brakes
    Free Member

working late to avoid the kids party at my house, then hoping I don’t get egged on the ride home.
    then eat all the left-over chocolates / cakes.

qtip

Living in the middle of nowhere has its benefits 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Is it wrong to shoot trick or treaters in the face with a nerf gun?

CountZero

Is it wrong to shoot trick or treaters in the face with a nerf gun?

Dunno about that, but:

Is it wrong to shoot trick or treaters in the face with a nerf gun give trick or treaters sprouts wrapped in chocolate foil wrappers?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’m going to the local village to eat chesnuts, sweet potato and pine nut cakes. Talk will be of Catalan Independance but mercifully no trick or treating.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is it wrong to shoot trick or treaters in the face with a nerf gun give trick or treaters sprouts wrapped in chocolate foil wrappers?

Good idea! or, toffee onions, on a stick like toffee apples!

Wev’e only had one knock on the door tonight, shouted, ‘**** OFF!’, & the person I was talking to on the phone hung up! 😕

fossy

Made the mistake of going out on the bike last year, after the young kids had been trick or treating. Within 300 yards of the house had two groups of teens shout abuse, and one lad throw an iron bar at me.

Next village, two coppers warned me to keep away from a particular area due to trouble. Fortunately, once off road, I didn’t see a soul.

Stayed in this time handing out sweets and drinking beer.

MoreCashThanDash

Loads out round the village tonight, all impeccably polite, all enjoying themselves. Down to the Milky Ways now in the box of Celebrations we were handing out….

I was supposed to be riding on the new cycle clubs Halloween Ghost Train ride, taking kids for a spin up and down the “haunted former railway line” in the dark, with a few costumed riders ready to jump out, guard strategically placed lanterns and pumpkins and let off the occasional small firework. Was going to be a top night but the boss was late home from work and I missed it.

wilburt
    Free Member

Best night of the year IMO, better than burning catholics or birthday party’s for Arabs.

Round here the streets are taken over by kids, they are all polite dont go to houses that dont have any Halloween stuff outside and everyone has a good time.

There is usually a bit of a gathering at my house and the kids put on show to scare the trick or treaters.

Reckon your just old and grumpy thats ok though others will party without you.

wilburt
    Free Member

BTW Halloween is way older than Christianity, not American and mostly Celtic(possibly even Celtic MTBr’s) so you can put away your outraged at change attitude.

ton

had loads of kids knocking at the door.
    gone through bags of m nm’s, various lollies, bags of chewits and loads of cadburies mini choccy things.
    Granddaughter turned up dressed as a zombie in ace make up. i was hid in the shed with a large white sheet over myself, like a ghost. crept up the garden whilst they were at the door, and scared em to bits.

still laughing now. aces 8)

brakes
    Free Member

working late to avoid the kids party at my house, then hoping I don’t get egged on the ride home.
    then eat all the left-over chocolates / cakes.

No egg throwers, just one badly aimed firework. Got home quickly after that. Pizza, crisps and cake to eat.
    Mrs put a bucket of sweets outside with a notice saying “help yourself” and was surprised when 5 mins later the bucket had gone….

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

I’m going to the local village to eat chesnuts, sweet potato and pine nut cakes. Talk will be of Catalan Independance but mercifully no trick or treating.

Good old stw

joat

gone through bags of m nm’s, various lollies, bags of chewits and loads of cadburies mini choccy things.

What did the kids get?

Pyro

Only had a couple of knocks on the door, sadly didn’t have anything in to give them so ignored.

newrobdob
    Free Member

i was hid in the shed with a large white sheet over myself, like a ghost. crept up the garden whilst they were at the door, and scared em to bits.

I literally cannot imagine anything more terrifying than someone the size of you jumping out of the shadows!! 😉

I was out tonight but would have joined in if I had been at home. Nice way to get to know neighbours.

matt_outandabout

I can’t even have a quiet pint at the hotel in Boat of Garten without a tribe of witches interrupting….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Reckon your just old and grumpy thats ok though others will party without you.

Yep, that’s me Wilbert! 😆

BTW Halloween is way older than Christianity, not American and mostly Celtic(possibly even Celtic MTBr’s) so you can put away your outraged at change attitude.

I know, I Wiki’d it, cheers again anyway Wilbert! 😆

CountZero

No sign of any tonight, quietest Halloween I can remember.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘As soon as it's getting dark I'm going to..’ is closed to new replies.