Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • As it's Valentine's Day, try asking yourself……
  • kennyp
    Free Member

……in the last 12 months, have I spent more money buying nice things for my wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/bidie-in………………….or for my bike?

If your answer is the same as mine then it’s probably not a subject to bring up over a candlelit meal this evening. Unless of course the romantic date you have planned involves giving your beloved a good rub down and a lube job.

honourablegeorge

Postman brought me helitape this morning for my new frame. No cards in sight. I’m having a lovely Valentine’s day.

wwaswas

a good rub down and a lube job.

does that narrow the field?

I do say nicer things to my wife than my bike. On the whole.

alex222
    Free Member

As it’s Valentine’s Day, try asking yourself……

Why does no one love me?

Can we celebrate communist martyrs day instead?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have spent more on my Mrs Wachowchows bikes than my own in the past year. Where does that leave me? Other than having a shed full of increasingly nice bikes, only one of which I cant ride without 20 minutes of shock pump jossling.

zilog6128

……in the last 12 months, have I spent more money buying nice things for my wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/bidie-in………………….or for my bike?

not quite sure why you’d be constantly buying presents for your partner, unless you were desperately trying to convince them not to leave you, or they didn’t work and you considered all the money you earned “your money” only (which would be a bit old fashioned wouldn’t it)?

Anyway what I’m saying is: bike, by a long long way. 😆 She got some nice flowers this morning though.

gonzy
    Free Member

sod that!!
    me and the boy are going to karate training tonight…

kennyp
    Free Member

Of course something like an up and down seatpost could well be of use to both!!

hels
    Free Member

Speak for yourself Kenny – didn’t think you were that old yet ??

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have a mistress, in fact I have 4 mistresses and the great thing is they dont need valentines cards, they get stroked and played with often enough, regularly we go and get dirty together and I lavish them with gifts. Nuff said.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs Sox got a bunch of flowers and a card this morning – we don’t usually do Valentines – “oh, what a lovely suprise”, she said.
    “Not as much of a surprise as the new Synapse that I’m going to wheel in on Saturday”, I thought. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Miss Spoon knows I love her, the bikes need convinceing.

toxicsoks – Member
    Mrs Sox got a bunch of flowers and a card this morning – we don’t usually do Valentines – “oh, what a lovely suprise”, she said.
    “Not as much of a surprise as the new Synapse that I’m going to wheel in on Saturday”, I thought.

I like your style!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Works both ways, she’s spent more on her bike than on me in the last 12 months 🙂

D0NK

does mortgage, bills, groceries and her car insurance count as buying nice things?

If they do then it’s pretty close.

Miss Spoon knows I love her, the bikes need convinceing.

I may pinch that 🙂

verticalclimber
    Free Member

bikes rarely answer back

kennyp
    Free Member

“Not as much of a surprise as the new Synapse that I’m going to wheel in on Saturday”, I thought.

Please take a picture of the look on her face!

eightyeight
    Free Member

“Not as much of a surprise as the new Synapse that I’m going to wheel in on Saturday”, I thought

Classic. I’m off for a pint in the local (Cask, Manchester if you’re passing) and then having a Waitrose meal for two with my buddy. The Mrs. is planning a girls holiday with her friends.

Valentine’s Day…..pffft!

Kiril
    Free Member

I’m with ti pin man. I have an Italian mistress. She’s a Moto Guzzi, I’ve been in a relationship with her for the last 31 years and its cost me money, time, and a lot of anguish. Not sure I could see her leave….

curiousyellow
    Free Member

We save every spare penny. However the gift of a wheelset last year for her bike didn’t negatively impact her estimation of me!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘As it's Valentine's Day, try asking yourself……’ is closed to new replies.