Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • As if a million souls cried out in torment and were silenced at once…
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But what was the name of the planet that Darth Vader Grand Moff Tarkin had destroyed by the Death Star?

leebaxter
    Free Member

alderan

leebaxter
    Free Member

I believe it was Tarkin that gave the order to fire though

MrNutt
    Free Member

endor?

kimbers

ah but what was the name of the planet leia named as home to the rebels just before tarkin destroyed alderaan?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why were there S#ith Lords in the prequals but not in the original 3? Did the force exterminate them?

greasystain
    Free Member

Tatooeen?

spacemonkey

alderan

I think you’ll find it was Alderaan. And yes, it was Tarkin and Palpatine that gave the instruction.

leebaxter
    Free Member

Sounds like he says Dantoeen or something as i remember. probs tatooine though

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Forums users are geeks?

Discuss.

greasystain
    Free Member

Alderaan was blown up but that was after Leia told them it was Tatooeen(sp)

greasystain
    Free Member

Star Wars geekness is different.

spacemonkey

ah but what was the name of the planet leia named as home to the rebels just before tarkin destroyed alderaan?

I thought Alderaan was her home, seeing as she was the Princess (and Senator) of Alderaan?

woody2000

Dantooine, not Tattoine

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeahp, actually it’s Awesome not.

greasystain
    Free Member

Dantooine, not Tattoine

oh yes.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just like Star Trek geekness?

I love Star Wars (and hate Star Trek) but it’s still geeky “correcting” people about something that’s all made up.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

T’was indeed Alderaan.

Pretty savage that though eh? I mean an entire planet gone. Just in the blink of an eye. On the whim of someone wielding great power…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXCfEhW0R3k[/video]

Dantooine is indeed the planet named by Leia as the location of the secret Rebel Base.

OCB
    Free Member

Wookieepedia has all / most / some of what you need to know here

MussEd
    Free Member

I’m ashamed and proud at the same time to have known the answer to this.

However I learnt today that money-wringer Lucas is doing 3D versions.{dunno if this is new news?} Nothing like a genius wringing his one inspired idea for everything he can. HE’S GOT MORE MONEY THAN A HORSE COULD SHAT IN A LIFETIME! No neeeeed!

And I had sworn to a pal I’d NEVER go and watch a 3D film ever…might renege on that one…

trailmonkey

Is this the dummy being spat out because the epic forum knobbers thread has dissapeared ?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Why were there S#ith Lords in the prequals but not in the original 3?

Emperor Palpatine is a Sith Lord – he’s Darth Sidious/Senator Palpatine in the first 3 films. Darth Vader is his apprentice, having been turned as Anakin Skywalker at the conclusion of the 3rd prequel.

leebaxter
    Free Member

I dont think Lucas is money grabbing, i think he’s always had to wait for the tech to catch up with his vision. Hence 3ding it now.

spacemonkey

However I learnt today that money-wringer Lucas is doing 3D versions

I just heard this too … sounds like Part I is coming out in 2012. Methinks I’ll skip the first three.

spacemonkey

Pretty savage that though eh? I mean an entire planet gone. Just in the blink of an eye. On the whim of someone wielding great power…

How come you suddenly felt compelled to open this to the STW masses? Have you experienced some kind of mass compassion this afternoon?

thepurist

No real loss – those Alderaanians had shocking grammar and could barely string a sentence together without using some sort of slang.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wondered what happened, I guess the STW mods flicked the switch on the death star?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

With quizzes like this, even the winners are losers!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How come you suddenly felt compelled to open this to the STW masses? Have you experienced some kind of mass compassion this afternoon?

I was just imagining what it might be like, to have the power to make something disappear completely…

…as though it had never existed.

Imagine though, all us lot on here, arguing away, then suddenly Bosh! All gone.

I mean, if some malevolent alien beings had a similar weapon trained on this planet, we could all cease to exist, in a puff of smoke.

Hope they wait until me washing’s finished mind. That would be most inconvenient if they used it this very second.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

With quizzes like this, even the winners are losers! Genius!

julianwilson
    Free Member

I wondered what happened, I guess the STW mods flicked the switch on the death star?

…and are about to be inundated by email with pictures of Obi Wan…. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

I too felt a disturbance in the force earlier.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Sorry, IGMC

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And sadly it seems as though Mankind is intent on developing such power.

What if this thing went wrong all of a sudden, for example?

sharki
    Free Member

Princess Leia or Princess Aura?

Hmmmmm!

And what percentage of love or lust would you give them?

Slight thread drift……………

spacemonkey

Hope they wait until me washing’s finished mind. That would be most inconvenient if they used it this very second.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to be taken out before doing your washing? I mean, it’s not like you’ll be going anywhere fancy once you’re dead … unless you’re one of those off-worlder types who has a secret bunker on a neighbouring moon (and the means to get the pretty damn fast)?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or possibly…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of that actually Spacemonkey. Good point I spose….

Princess Leia or Princess Aura?

Ooh now that’s a tough one…

mogrim

Princess Aura, no contest. Although her kinky friend General Kala might be more fun.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘As if a million souls cried out in torment and were silenced at once…’ is closed to new replies.