Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • As building your own bike goes this takes some beating!
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

seat looks too high to me…..

chrobin
    Free Member

dirtyrider
    Free Member

8) you rock

el_boufador

Once when I was about 15 all my mates were away on a skiing holiday and I was very bored so used the easter holiday week to build a frame out of plywood.
    (it was either that or the drugs & girls OK?)

I based the geometry on the Marin Eldridge Grade frame I had at the time. Rode it round Macc forest a couple of times and also took it to uni a few years later to use as a commuter. As far as I remember it rode really nicely, though I’m not sure I would trust it to take too much of a beating. Also you could only use a pretty narrow rear tyre due to the way I constructed the rear triangle. No front mech either as I didin’t have an e-type and couldn’t think of a way to mount a normal one. Think it’s in my parents’ loft somewhere. Must build it up again!

In hindsight, I can’t believe I achieved that – quite proud really! Definitely says something about my lifelong bike obsession I suppose.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Update to this build. Up and running at Sweden’s only velodrome. This guys even got a meeting set up with Obree if he can get across to the UK!

http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/1478155/page=5

Well worth skimming pages 5, 6, and of the thread for pictures

sherry
    Free Member

That must have taken a very long time to complete! A lot of skill and research has went into that. Very impressive!

wpuk
    Free Member

Got to admire the effort, but aside from that its a pig ugly bike (subjective)

chrobin
    Free Member

At the Manchester track

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Awesome. Congratulations.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘As building your own bike goes this takes some beating!’ is closed to new replies.