Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • as a lover of the high roller, what will i make of minions?
  • slowrider
    Free Member

hi,
    i used to be serial tyre swapper but have been really happy on a pair of high rollers though very mixed conditions, just changing pressures to suit conditions. they are getting a bit shabby now and id be happy to just stick a new pair on but the old tyre swapper in me is looking at alternatives. are the minion dhf’s good as an all rounder? what about the crossmark? or a combo maybe?
    i run 2.35 single ply kevlar 60a HR’s tubeless and my previous experience of fast rolling tyres hasnt been too good, i prioritise grip over speed!

cheers.

TheSanityAssassin

If you want grip, then a pair of 2.35 Super Tacky Minnions will have you reaching for the Kleenex.

Mind you, pedalling will feel like you’re trying to tow the Titanic sideways across the ocean floor.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I think Minions are better in really dry conditions, High Rollers better if it’s “floaty” mud. Both are pretty good though. HRs roll a little faster.

They don’t do a single ply UST minion (to my knowledge)

42A tyres are awesome on the front. Bit slow rolling though.

Richyb
    Free Member

Have used both in the alps, and thought the Minions were better. Hope you don’t have to pedal for any length of time though, they’re really draggy.

johni
    Free Member

I have a supertacky on the front and 60a on the back.

slowrider
    Free Member

i dont use ust, just a stans conversion. might try a 40a on the front ot satisy the tyre swapper in me and just stick with HR’s. cheers for the input!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘as a lover of the high roller, what will i make of minions?’ is closed to new replies.