Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Artificial Grass?
  • Kryton57

I’m looking to remove a shrubbery to create a play area for the kids. We assumed and have been getting quotes for Turf.

One company mentioned the potential to use artificial grass. Anyone done this? Good? Bad?

D0NK

bookmarked.
    A mate has had it done and he loves it, he no doubt bought top of the range material and labour tho. Would be interested in people experiences of cheaper stuff.

Kryton57

The gardener I was talking to said “you pay for what you get”. He – apparantly – uses the top end stuff as he has 2 x 10yo that like footbal and a dog. with no damage caused.

It’d save me buying lawnmower as well, albeit our area is only about 12m2

survivor

Sister has it in a small patch in the back for the kids to pay on. It’s easy to put down yourself. Dig down, lay gravel and sand like a patio then lay and secure the grass. As someone mentioned, don’t buy cheap though.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’ve seen some very nice hybrid stuff too which works really well.

globalti
    Free Member

If you happen to be in the North West Andrew the owner of http://www.sortoutyourgarden.com/ will do a decent price for you as he’s a cyclist and all-round good egg.

Kryton57

Hmmm.

For our garden:

Hardwearing Turf = £600
    Artifical grass – £1800 😯

The garden company stated they don’t like it, as it harbor’s smells, needs cleaning if animals poo on it, and its costs doesn’t warranty the longevity. I’d be happy to hear any experience of that…?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

The garden company stated they don’t like it

…as they lose customers who would otherwise buy lawnmowers, weed and feed, grass seed etc.

We’ve had it 5 years or so 4m x 8m cost about £600. Graded soil, sand to level out, weed proof membrane and lay it yourself. The weight of it means it doesn’t move or curl up at the edges. The stuff we got was one or two down from the best – say Saint / XT level.

It’s one of the best things we’ve done re the house. Kids play in it all the time. The best thing is it is dry about 10 mins after a downpour. Doesn’t smell at all after the newness smell goes. Can’t comment about animal poo other than I can say that unlike our real grass, the evil cats of the neighbourhood never shit on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Artificial Grass?’ is closed to new replies.