Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Arthur Collins – that acid attack fella
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

In case you aren’t familiar with him

Rarely have I been so happy to see a man get his comeuppance. A worthless scumbag who imo, epitomizes much of what is I detest about society today

well done that judge..maybe make other cowards think twice about doing this kind of thing

MrSparkle

^ what he said.

freeagent
    Free Member

+1.

agree with every word.

Bunnyhop

I think he should be shipped out to one of those islands that Bear Grylls seems to like.
    Save us tax payers wasting our money on the little #*”@?

craig24
    Free Member

Lets hope this sets a precedent for the length of sentencing for future acid attacks.

footflaps

+1

A pretty decent sentence.

martinhutch

The 25-year-old admitted throwing the liquid but had claimed he believed it was a date rape drug.

Yes, this is definitely how to paint yourself in a good light in front of a jury.

scaredypants

Won’t really set a precedent, except for others with previous convictions for violence, a history of threats relating to acid and already under suspended sentence at the time

Sadly

retro83
    Free Member

Didn’t he have text messages which showed he was carrying acid around in his car too?

eta
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41814129

A week before the attack, Mr Collins sent a text to his sister saying: “Tell mum to mind that little hand wash in my car acid”.

He told jurors the message referred to the shampoo, which contained amino acid and coconut oil, and he was worried about his nieces finding and “biting it”.

chinny mcrecon 😆 what a worthless blob of shit

PJM1974
    Free Member

From The Guardian:

The defence also produced a psychological report that it said showed that Collins was an individual of limited intelligence, with a low IQ that bordered on a learning disability.

tpbiker
    Free Member

The bit about the defence team snooping on the victims fb accounts to demonstrate that they are still able to live normal lives really grates on me

As if that should make any difference

nor should this

The defence also produced a psychological report that it said showed that Collins was an individual of limited intelligence, with a low IQ that bordered on a learning disability.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I wasn’t posting that quote to excuse his behaviour in any way, BTW.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I wasn’t posting that quote to excuse his behaviour in any way, BTW.

Likewise for clarity that wasn’t what i thought!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I do hope the sentence sets a precedent, and it’s nice for once to see the Defence Lawyers fall flat.. maybe they secretly despised thier clients actions too.

edlong
    Free Member

The bit about the defence team snooping on the victims fb accounts to demonstrate that they are still able to live normal lives really grates on me

As if that should make any difference

If they’ve given evidence in court that is contradicted by their social media postings then I absolutely think that’s fair enough, personally.

No different from the travel firms busting fake tummy bug claims based on social media, or fraudulent benefit claimants getting busted working as scaffolders when they claim they can’t walk ten metres.

When it works well, our justice system can be pretty good. Everyone being equal in the eyes of the law is key to it. If that means scumbags have the same rights as angelic grannies, then that’s fine with me.

The IQ thing was a stretch, but somewhere along the scale the issue of culpability and responsibility arises when someone has a cognitive impairment. Again, I wouldn’t want our system to disallow such evidence, although I’m pleased that in this case it hasn’t led to what most would consider a correct verdict not being reached.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Rarely have I been so happy to see a man get his comeuppance.

This. Delighted by the sentence and delighted that he’ll be serving at least 3/4 of it. I’ve never really bought the concept of ‘bad’ people, but he seems good evidence that there is such a thing. Let’s hope it’s “His turn to be the lady” for a good few years!

shakers97
    Free Member

He knew what he was doing. Throw away the key the little scrot

outofbreath
    Free Member

If they’ve given evidence in court that is contradicted by their social media postings then I absolutely think that’s fair enough, personally.

Agree, it was a valid thing to mention and it rightly didn’t seem to carry any weight with the judge. The fact you can smile in holiday photos doesn’t mean your life isn’t far worse than it would have been if someone hadn’t burned your skin off on a whim.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

*shrug*
    So what? Doesn’t excuse anything.

ElShalimo

Best course of action is:
    1 – choose your favourite large predator
    2 – liberally staple bacon to him
    3 – throw him in the predator’s enclosure at feeding time
    4 – look away and put fingers in ears

He’s a waste of DNA.

outofbreath
    Free Member

So what? Doesn’t excuse anything.

When you take an IQ test and a poor result works in your favour at trial, I wonder how hard you try for a good score?

(Having said that, I assume the psychologist has thought of that?)

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

I’d be very surprised if somebody doesn’t maim/disfigure the guy in his new place of residence. 😕

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

No different from the travel firms busting fake tummy bug claims based on social media, or fraudulent benefit claimants getting busted working as scaffolders when they claim they can’t walk ten metres.

Hardly the same thing.

Who know’s how much stress and anxiety they suffer to appear to be “living normal lives”?

dirtyboy

Can’t we feed him to the starving polar bears?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Bag of scum.

convert

If when put under pressue in an interview cell about the type of liquid thrown and the very best you can come up with is a date rape drug; not water, not vodka but a date rape drug is the most plausible alternative you can think up on the spot you might be carrying you really are as thick as pigshit.

CountZero

A badly scarred and disfigured face doesn’t stop you living a life, it does, however, dictate how much of that life has any enjoyment left in it.
    That should be clear to anyone, with even a modicum of intelligence.

kilo

Interesting juxtaposition, diagnosed thick as mince but aware of amino acids in shampoo “He told jurors the message referred to the shampoo, which contained amino acid and coconut oil, and he was worried about his nieces finding and “biting it”.”

funkmasterp

Jesus. What an abhorrent individual. Can’t really say much else. WTF is wrong with some people.

Marin
    Free Member

Lobotomy and sterilisation on top of sentence.

Poopscoop

Marin – Member
    Lobotomy and sterilisation on top of sentence.

Bit too late on the sterilisation front buddy. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think he was claiming he believed it was a date rape drug and so relieved its owner of it and disposed of it in a cavalier fashion in the nightclub, rather than it being his date rape drug. But it was bullshit anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

maccruiskeen

People’s social media accounts give a very select representation of someones life, thoughts, actions of feelings. You’d need to assume that an account reflects how someone wants to be seen and the aspects of their life that they want to share or reveal. Nobody swears an oath that its the whole truth and nothing but the truth before updating their status.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If I may be forgiven the indulgence of quoting myself (albeit the Guardian), it’s clear that the defendant isn’t intelligent enough to have concocted the drawn out and highly intrusive defence and was therefore coached by a legal team.

Whatever the moral implications of the above, the defendant is entitled to legal defence and given that there have been allegations of gang related aggravating factors, which if true could lead one to surmise that his stay on gaol may not necessarily be terribly cushy.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I watched it with delight as well, but am a bit disappointed they were not able to get his mates banged up for some form of aiding and abetting. From the CCTV footage they were clearly shielding him and protecting him while he was splashing the stuff around and help to hide him and get him out of the club. They’re just as guilty as he is in my book.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Arthur Collins – that acid attack fella’ is closed to new replies.