Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Arthroscopy yesterday..
  • steviegil
    Free Member

Morning guys,

Had a bit of a shit day yesterday, I went it for a straight forward arthroscopy to clean up my cartlidge and inspect my knee with the camera. Cartlidge repair went well, but they found a fair bit of arthritis behind my knee cap, bit of a shocker @33!
    I was away with the faeries when the surgeon was explaining stuff to me, but came too when he mentioned a new knee cap if I don’t show improvements! 🙁
    The world of singletrack knows everything, so apart from losing weight (highest priority now) what are the best methods of caring for my Fcuked knee?
    Thanks in advance guys 😉

steviegil
    Free Member

Anthroscopy even!

DezB
    Free Member

Just keep using it until it crumbles. That’s my method. 14 years older than you (hang on, no 16! years!), still playing football on a torn up cartilage…

Farticus

Snap! Sorry, bad choice of word there, but I had an arthroscopy yesterday too. Unfortunately gastric fluids came back onto my lungs, and a night in hospital as a result. Typing this in a very nice room in a Nuffield hotel, sorry, hospital.

My priority is now weight loss (gained too much in the 5 months my knee has laid me off). Presumably the physics gave you some exercises to improve things?

woodsa
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I’ve had two ‘Arthoscopys’ on the same knee. One when I was 21, the second at 25. A diet of Taekwondo, Mountain biking and skate boarding pretty much wrecked them. I should be having further surgery soon but I’ve been warned this could lead to excelareted arthritis.
    There’s not much you can do really, I still run, ride, go to martial arts. One thing I find myself doing almost constantly is wearing knee warmers when I’m riding; with the exception of summer that is. As the cold temp’s really get into my right knee now. That and a tube of ibruprofen gel in my camel pack.
    Good luck.

beej

Or, drink a glass of tap water. It’ll have memory of all possible homeopathic treatments already, based on their 20C dilution concept.

beej

(Bah, my post makes no sense now the spammer has gone…)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

(Bah, my post makes no sense now the spammer has gone…)

I think they were close enough that the dilution effect should still work.

klumpy
    Free Member

Keep the muscles around it in good nick so stay active, strong, and flexible.

And remember, “pain is just weak knees leaving the body”, or something like that… 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Arthroscopy yesterday..’ is closed to new replies.