Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • arse cream
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Morgan Blue Solid here.

Muke
    Free Member

PSA for anyone looking for some undercarriage lube.

Charlie says…..

Simply use the discount code “Happy5” at checkout and you will get a fiver off and free delivery on what has got to be the best vegan bum ointment with a funny name on the market. Feel free to share that code with friends.

lotto
    Free Member

For a natural remedy coconut oil is very good.

benp1

How many find they actually need it?

I don’t wear padded shorts for bikepacking so also don’t bother with any chamois cream. Maybe I just haven’t ridden for long enough. Or my arse is just massively insensitive…

llatsni
    Free Member

Bodyglide.

Applied directly onto chamois.

Everything else caused more problems than they claimed to solve.
    Bephanthen after if it’s been a long ride.

whitestone
    Free Member

Talcum powder.

Honestly. I used to use arse lards but since the problem in my case is exacerbated by moisture then adding more moisture isn’t going to be the best plan! It’s only a problem on longer and multi-day rides, a good airing and a dash of talc before dossing down is all I really need.

If I’m out for a short (as in under 12hrs) ride then I don’t bother with anything.

bruneep

Getting on well with the udderly, no more chaffage

garvaldnights
    Free Member

Make your own. Get onto Amazon and buy some cheap organic shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil. Melt the shea and coconut oil in the microwave or Bain Marie and stir in a little jojoba oil and maybe a dash of menthol oil or witch hazel. Let it set and it’s good to go.

triguy100
    Free Member

Was cycling out in Finale this year, had a few issues with the chafing, came across something called Prep (not H!), made in San Marino, slightly antiseptic, it really worked wonders. Also it was about 4 euros a tub..

llatsni
    Free Member

Talcum powder.

Talc is a carcinogen. It’s mental they even still sell the stuff.

andybrad

tried
    Bum butter
    Great but costs a small fortune. Lasts well but small tub and goes runny in hot weather meaning you use more.

chamios buttr
    Ok stuff, tried the normal and euro style. Both are ok and last well. Not quite as long as the bum butter but more cost effective. Doesnt smell as nice.

endura
    Same as above but in a smaller tube.

currently using udderly smooth with shea butter. Its not even half as good as any of the above. its got loads in a tub for a good price but you need lots to be effective. It absorbs quickly where as the others leave a film on your arse. Bet its ok if you hurt your bum but better not to in the first place. Makes a nice hand cream 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Giving this stuff a try as it’s half price and has good reviews…
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/muc-off-luxury-chamois-cream-250ml/

Just running out of Morgan Blue solid, which I really liked but is suddenly difficult to track down.

tazzymtb
    tazzymtb

I’ve used lots of different chamois cremes and found that bum butter, is by far the best for a dainty taz shaped posterior. Asos was like having a slug leave is minty spaffage in my boy reagion, Muc off didnt last for very long in hot sweaty conditions, 2Toms butt shield was really good once on, but on really liquid and felt most strange on application

whitestone
    Free Member

Like I really need to look after my ovaries 🙄

I’ve found that the less padding and/or general level of clothing around my backside (with reason and maintaining dignity) the better. I did have a pair of Assos bib shorts that were really comfy for shorter rides but if the weather was hot or I was on a long ride then I got a sore arse no matter what.

Day one of the HT550 was hot and humid and I was wearing the Assos bibs and was pretty sore. On the second day I swapped to a cheap pair of DHB bib shorts and didn’t have any further problems despite wearing the same shorts for four (very long) days in a row. I aired and talced the shorts and my arse every night.

So basically prevention is better than cure.

madxela
    Free Member

Its the sweat stripping the natural oils away that is the problem.

Vaseline as a preventative on areas that might chafe when sweaty. You only need a dab or two and it will do you for all day riding.

Also travel wet wipes to ensure that you are clean after a no 2 is pretty essential.

Sudocream in the event of trouble (or the after effects of unusual food!!)

The little vaseline metal tin, plus a tiny sample pot of sudocrem should do for even week long multiday trips and be weight weenie bike pack friendly.

IHN

Doublebase gel

Dead cheap, comes very highly recommended:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/aug/15/team-gb-cycling-saddle-sore-medals

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

+1 for Bristol Buttr
    Comfy arse WesCunry style

MrSmith
    Free Member

Make your own

why would you when its £10 or whatever for a tub/tube that lasts ages?
    unless you really have nothing better to do?
    never understood the thinking in trying to use alternatives that are not ideal (like sudochreme) when its not exactly prohibitively expensive to buy the ideal product?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

sudocream … no just no that stuff is disgusting!

Charlie’s Happy Bottom bum butter the best!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bloke from Barnsley with a sore arseh0le goes into Boots chemist “Nah then, does tha sell arse cream?”
    Chemist replies “Aye, magnum or cornetto?”

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Whats hot cool?

Not Veet from the sound of it..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

+2 and 3 for Bristol Butt’r

stevious

+1 for no cream. Since giving up chamois cream 3 years ago I have had precisely 1 saddle sore (used to get loads).

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘arse cream’ is closed to new replies.