Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Arrrrrgh…f@cking royal mail!
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Sold some Avid brakes on here a couple of weeks ago and they’ve dissapeared into the RM black hole. Anybody had any experience of claiming money back from Royal Mail? Got the paperwork from post office to put in a claim, just wonder if I am gonna be wasting my time! I have refunded the buyer so am out of pocket at the mo 😥

BigDummy
    Free Member

Just to note, if I may, that Ian has been extremely decent about this. The bits didn’t turn up, we waited to see whether they were just late, and when they did not show he refunded me right away with no quibbling. A gentleman. 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it’s a scam

BigDummy=lookmanohands=the devil incarnate

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

is the refund fake? omg is it actually IWH?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Damn they found us out :D. Only the same thing most of the STW massive would do I’m sure

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Anybody had any experience of claiming money back from Royal Mail?

years ago yes, but you don’t want to know.

i’ll get my 35quid back from the b&astards at the royal mail one day!!!

good luck!

caledonia
    Free Member

Took over 2 full weeks for my Fort Bill tickets to come thru the mail. 🙁
    Regular A5 envolope. Stoopid R.Mail !

AndyPaice
    Free Member

go to the post office and ask for a claim form. If you did not get proof of postage when you posted it then you can’t claim for a thing.

If you have not taken any extra insurance then you will get no more than 32 quid, unless it was special delivery which IIRC has a £500 insurance ceiling.

fill in claim form and attach receipts etc as required. Send off to RM and hope for the best.

I had to do this a while ago and got the money back after about 3 weeks. Print off copies of everything, i.e.the page on the classifieds that detail the sale, print off any email correspondance regarding the sale, include the original receipts for the brakes. Drown the buggers in proof/reciepts/correspondance so they cannot argue or claim info is missing.

Worth noting they put a time limit on replying to correspondance (10 days I think) so you need to reply to them asap once they have contacted you regarding the claim.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

If you have not taken any extra insurance then you will get no more than 32 quid,

wrong – its £39 max with first class

lookmanohands
    Free Member

bollox, thats me out of pocket even more…..ah well lesson learned 😥

WTF
    Free Member

My postie sells “mystery parcels” £5 a go. 🙂

steveh

You can get the form online to fill in and you *could* maybe with the agreement of the buyer send another parcel to them insured to the correct value and then claim the second one got lost not the first.

I’ve not done this in anyway before. At all. Never.

Daffy

Has anyone seen a recent photo of Postierich’s bike? Is it sporting some new Avids?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member

If you have not taken any extra insurance then you will get no more than 32 quid,

wrong – its £39 max with first class

the claim form I filled in said £32, and that was 1st class

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Value they will give for first class is 100 first class stamps

zaskar
    Free Member

Always insure it!

Bloody Royal Fail damaged my tyre side walls.

City Link is my fave.

spooky_b329

Don’t bother sending another package…if you insure it, it’ll be tracked (even if that is really just a scribble on delivery) then they won’t cough up as it was delivered to someone.

steveh

Spooky no it won’t, not if you send standard parcels or even some other options. Insuring it doesn’t change what they do with it. There are limits to insurable values on non tracked services but its about 250 or maybe even 500 i think.

Marge
    Free Member

slightly off topic but I had 2 deliveries in the last 24 hours both from courier firms. One was dumped at the back of my house in the pouring rain – wrecked the cardboard box holding the bits but fortunately nothing was water sensitive (though the courier didn’t know that).
    Miraculously the other parcel delivery arrived just before I left the house. The big bonus is my mrs didn’t see either parcel so I won’t get any enquiries over how much I have spent on bits 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Arrrrrgh…f@cking royal mail!’ is closed to new replies.