Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • arrrrrgh.. house flooded by the stupid dog
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Yep.. that’s right… My stupid effin Labrador freaked out earlier and decided the safest place to hide would be behind the downstairs toilet. Wife came back from supermarket to a paddling pool.
    Anyone know if insurance companies pay out for pet inflicted household catastrophes?

tthew

If you’ve got accidental damage cover, I would have thought so.

edit – no hang on, that’s for contents. You’ll have to check your T’s and C’s.

wwaswas

house flooded by the stupid dog

he’s not called “3.5 litre Rover” for nothing.

It’s going to be down to individual policy t’s and c’s as to what’s covered and for what cause of damage.

I’d check your excess – the clean up with wet vacs etc may cost less than that?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Anyone know if insurance companies pay out for pet inflicted household catastrophes?

From memory our contents insurance does not cover for pet damage – your policy may be different though.

oomidamon

My Lab managed to chew a load of paint testers when she was a pup (along with much else). Paint ruined a carpet which had only been down a week and insurance paid out.

CheesybeanZ

I wouldn’t mention the dog and just make a claim for water damage .

cloudnine
    Free Member

Alll of downstairs is either laminate or engineered walnut floor on quarry tiles so no soggy carpet just have to start pulling up the floor. I wonder if there could have been a different plausible explanation that caused the flood? Any suggestions

chakaping
    Free Member

Picture of guilty looking hound please.

CheesybeanZ

Old ballcock valve failed, shelf over toilet system collapsed and broke toilet ……

maccruiskeen

My Lab managed to chew a load of paint testers when she was a pup

ours did a tube or crimson oil paint. House looked like a crime scene. Then the next day, investigating a pan of stock that had been left sitting on the stove… he managed to turn the hob on and fill the house with gas.

oomidamon

I wonder if there could have been a different plausible explanation that caused the flood? Any suggestions

Possibly – my folks have a Saniflow thing in their downstairs loo and managed to flush the plastic cage thing from the rim. This caused the freshly used loo to backfire.

maccruiskeen – great dogs, aren’t they??!

binners

Its not just dogs. Our cats recently decided that the new leather sofa made an ideal scratching post, and spent the day, while we were out at work, literally shredding it. 👿

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How did he do it?? 😯

In other news, engineered walnut’s a bit pricey 😐 When you get your insurance quote, I know someone who can fit it for you. 🙂

Drac

A lot have the not including pet damage clause.

martinhutch

my folks have a Saniflow thing in their downstairs loo and managed to flush the plastic cage thing from the rim. This caused the freshly used loo to backfire.

😯

Did Wolfie ‘smash the cistern’ then, or just pop a pipe joint? Either way, I’m sure it could have happened spontaneously without canine intervention. 😉

footflaps

Our cats recently decided that the new leather sofa made an ideal scratching post, and spent the day, while we were out at work, literally shredding it.

Ours use the hall/stair carpet which is now just a fluffy mess…

clubber
    Free Member

We got a newish sofa replaced on contents insurance (with M&S) when one of the cats decided that it would make a good toilet and peed on it…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘arrrrrgh.. house flooded by the stupid dog’ is closed to new replies.