Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Arrrghhh – cont sport contact,
  • DT78
    Free Member

How on earth do you get the effing things onto a rim???? Specifically a 26×1.3 onto a 26 wtb speeddisk rim

I've punctured 4 tubes so far. Have tried sitting the bead in the middle but the tyres are so small they don't stay there, tried soapy water, downhill levers. Currently they are sat next to the radiator to warmup.

Never had this problem before….any other tips???

And your welcome to come round my house and give it a go if you think MFTU you softy and use your hands is an option.

grrrrrrrr

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

MTFU 😀

PJ266
    Free Member

Ha! Yeah, I had this problem. I used a tyre lever, punctured one tube but obviously got luckier than you! I did blister both my thumbs doing it though 👿

aP
    Free Member

Talc the inside of the tyre and also the inner tube should help.

Paulio
    Free Member

I feel your pain, it took me hours to get mine on and I snapped 3 tyre levers in the process. Eventually I was at the point where I didn't care if I broke anything else so used a lot more force than if I were being careful and they just popped on.

Cracking commuter tyres once they're on (I use the 700c versions on my Road Rat too) but just wait until you try to take them off – it's harder work than getting them on.

DT78
    Free Member

Yea inside of tyres are talc'd as well.

Just repairing the inner tubes before I give it another go…..

jedi

center the bead into the middle of the rim and gently work the tyre in. take your time

uplink
    Free Member

Warm them up

get a bucket of hot soapy water & soak them for 10 minutes or so – trying to do tyres in this weather is a pain

andrewh
    Free Member

Pedros make the best tyre levers

Is it a good idea fitting them at all? What happens when you puncture 40 miles from home?

simondbarnes

TTFU & do what Jedi suggests.

oldgit
    Free Member

Imagine the fun of doing this in the dark, in the rain, with big nasty cars going by 😐

DT78
    Free Member

Ok so they are on – left them by the radiator for 2 hours, took 5 mins per wheel with soap water and a couple of levers.

If I get a puncture whilst I'm out I'm getting a cab home!

brakeswithface

I fired a tyre lever into the next garden trying to fit some of these!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Arrrghhh – cont sport contact,’ is closed to new replies.