Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Arrrgh! Need help with internal conflict; it's eating me up!!!
  • v8ninety

Ok, slight exageration I know. I’m instinctively tight fisted, yet also have a dislike of menial chores. Help me make an informed decision on which of these two less than ideal character traits is going to win the day this evening…

Just how much does it cost me to dry an (average) load of washing in a tumble dryer? I hate hanging out clothes (and taking them back in) but I hate paying bills too. I feel I’m between a rock and a hard place…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lazy ****

dannybgoode

All you ever needed to know about the cost of running a dryer…

http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/advice/tumble-dryers/buying-guide/how-much-is-your-tumble-dryer-going-to-cost-to-run.aspx

Cheers

Danny B

cranberry
    Free Member

tight *****

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tumbledriers are the work of the devil.

Washing dishes onthe other hand

v8ninety

Lazy ****

tight *****

Haha! I resemble both these remarks! (And I have a dishwasher; no contest on that one…)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Get it on the line – can’t beat the fresh air smell when you bring stuff in.

That said – had the drier running today – washed my down jacket before putting it away until next winter. Needs to be tumbled to fluff the down 😉

v8ninety

So, I’ve looked at that table, and heavy use of a fairly inefficient old dryer will cost circa £100 pa. That’s like £2 a week; I’m taking the line down, no brainer!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Too tight to own either.
    Wash and hang out – or get an airer.
    Wash the pots listening to an audio book – just finished “Consider Plebas”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Arrrgh! Need help with internal conflict; it's eating me up!!!’ is closed to new replies.