Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • arrrggg…scram gripshift spring disaster content
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Just took off my brand new sram gripshift and it fell apart in my hands, Sping pinged away never to be seen again. Any idea where I can buy a new one?

ta

GregMay
    Free Member

You’ll need to get Fishers to get one for you. Speak to your LBS. Also, good luck, they are notoriously bad at SRAM stock and spares.

alexpalacefan

I’d be saving up for a new shifter 🙁

APF

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just tried changing the cable on my lads gripshift ended up binning it and getting a trigger, pain in the bloody arse they are.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I changed handlebars on my Fatboy and had the spring escape from Gripshifters. Never had Gripsift before so a real PIA to get it back together; I needed a good search on Youtube to get the technique.

If you’ve lost the spring it will be so much easier to get a new shifter..

The spring must be somewhere. A strong magnet on a piece of string might help.

oysterkite
    Free Member

i tried changing the cable on my SRam trigger shift x9, tackled it from the wrong side, undid the cover screw…springs under tension, wouldnt go back together, good excuse to change to shimano 1×10, easy …. this doesnt help does it…

tpbiker
    Free Member

found the bit online..13 quid from ze germans..obviously that includes alot of other bits I don’t need in adition to the spring…

And its impossible to put together you say???

on a plus side its cheaper than a 70 quid new shifter

GregMay
    Free Member

FYI, two bikes running Gripshift – wouldn’t go back to triggers. And no, you can’t have the broken set for spares.

onandon
    Free Member

Grip shift are the most simple shifters in existence. Look at the SRAM site for a diagram.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If you are replacing a spring on an 11 speed grip shift you need to put one end of the spring in one half of the shifter and the other end in the other half and push the two halves together without twisting . There is a reason why I know this 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘arrrggg…scram gripshift spring disaster content’ is closed to new replies.