Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • arrgh.. what tyres are narrowish and have a decent carcass/sidewall?
  • VanHalen

keep slicing my tyres open on flints.

am limited on tyre diameter by an 06 giant trance which seems to clog as soon as its gets a bit gloopy.

so what tyre is not massive (say 2.1/2.2) ideally smaller than a old fashioned 2.35 minion and with a decent sidewall, half decent tread and 60a ish compound?

ideally tubeless but any port in a storm and all that…

would a UST tyre have a thicker carcass?

cheers,

mark

jb72
    Free Member

Geax Gato TNT from PlanetX … I’ve put a couple on in the last week and am very happy with them. A little heavy but they can be used tubeless. Cheap too! Gato TNT

muggomagic

I’ve been using a 2.0 Maxxis Beaver on the rear since last Autumn on my HT, been a solid performer, clears well and seems to dig in when needed on the South Downs and in Stanmer.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

UST specific tyres instead of Tubeless Ready or ‘standard’ are thinker as the carcass isn’t porous and in my experience they tend to be tougher.

As you’re having problems with cuts you could look for ‘Grid’ (specialized) ‘Protection’ (Conti) type branding, other manufacturers have their own ‘tough’ versions..

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

OnOne Smorgasbord? 2.25″ wide, chunky tread, made by Maxxis with Exo casing (OnOne call it ‘ekso’), 42a and 60a options depending on how sticky you like your tyres.

johnnystorm

I’ve had no problems with Onza Tyres, I’m sure I read they were made by Maxxis as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

If spesh 2.1in tyres come in the grid casing they could be worth a look

I know the 2.3in ones come up small-ish anyway

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘arrgh.. what tyres are narrowish and have a decent carcass/sidewall?’ is closed to new replies.