Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • arrgh! Headsets!
  • stugus
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience putting a tapered fork on a bike with a 44 headtube?
    I’ve got a 2011 turner 5spot with this and am having trouble sourcing a bottom part of the headset.
    Bloody ridiculous standards!?!
    Any help appreciated!

andyl
    Free Member

A few topics down the front page and with a much more descriptive title: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-headset-for-tapered-steerer-to-fit-44mm-headtube

😉

stugus
    Free Member

hmm my searching skills are very obviously lacking tonight, cheers andyl

andyl
    Free Member

no worries, the hope lower cup would be your easiest and in my opinion best bet.

fivespot
    Free Member

Just put a Hope one on my Mega, from their pick & mix options. The upper is integrated, lower is normal. Lower is the H model, upper (I think ) is the #2 option.

reevil
    Free Member

I put a Chris King inset 7 in my Mega. Internal upper and external lower to fit tapered steerer

edward2000
    Free Member

Look at the Hope pick n mix as fivespot says. Look at the hope website and fin the technical support pdf for headsets. If you get confused phone Hope, they’re quite helpful in telling you which one you need. I did that just recently when I was looking for a headset for my new frame.

stugus
    Free Member

cheers, I’ve got the top part its just the lower i need.
    Right, lets see if Bristol can sell me a ‘H’ lower headset.

I’d ordered 2 different ones from CRC, both wrong.

andyl
    Free Member

Bike and Bad Ass Bikes do Hope but don’t know about the pick ‘n mix. Should have asked earlier as you could have had it delivered from Merlin in the morning 🙁

stugus
    Free Member

ok, a few calls need to be made! So keen to get the new forks on and take it for a thrash.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘arrgh! Headsets!’ is closed to new replies.