Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Arousal at work
  • dazh

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/23/im-aroused-by-my-female-colleagues

Sadly not a problem for me working in an office full of overweight male engineers, but is this is a general problem or just a trolling of the guardian’s lifestyle pages?

bigjim

looking forward to using the line “you give me a visual disturbance” some time.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s not a problem in engineering.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Brilliant.
    I must admit, not had any ‘visual disturbances’ at work.

nickc

Is that Visual disturbance in your pocket, or are you…etc etc

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Visual disturbance?

Did he poke himself in the eye with it?

martinhutch

I always associate ‘visual disturbance’ with the onset of an epileptic fit, so that one probably needs some clarification. Could be both, I guess, if enough blood has been diverted.

Pigface
    Free Member

In a previous place of work the Disabled toilet on the 3rd floor was rumoured to have been used for activities other than those intended.

How do you subconsciously transmit your fantasies?

endurogangster
    Free Member

Luckily I spend most of my day driving around so a bit of convoy cock goes unnoticed!

However if women are deliberately dressing and acting trampy to distract men, lowering their productivity so the women look better for a pay rise/promotion! That is just out of order!

Stoner
    Free Member

It was unclear as to whether the person writing in was actually male of female, and I was trying to conceive of a “visual disturbance” if the latter. My mind is really quite filthy sometimes….

DezB
    Free Member

Best idea is to give em one. Get it over and done with.

fasthaggis

Quite a lot of ‘visually disturbing’ people at my work.
    I don’t know what they are thinking when they leave the house,honestly . 🙂

ThePinkster

Quite a lot of ‘visually disturbing’ people at my work.
    I don’t know what they are thinking when they leave the house,honestly

😆 I think we must work a the same place.

Junkyard
    Free Member

From the link

Perhaps your fantasies are being subconsciously transmitted to your workmates

I can confirm that as yet none of my colleagues have dropped dead ; I will keep trying.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the only times its happened to me is years ago a new young trainee kept flashing her knickers at me, her desk had no modesty panel and I sat opposite. Being an upstanding gentleman (cough) I discreetly said I could see things she didn’t want me to see, she smiled and next day there were no knickers. As a married man, I ran a mile.

Second time was more recently when I did a building induction with two others, one being a not unpleasant lady joining a different team, a month later we were swapping emails and she asked me to meet in one of the basement rooms, always empty, once there she proceeded to drop her troosers and asked me to do the same – the bare faced cheek of it.

Both were complete loons.

footflaps

My mind is really quite filthy sometimes….

I’m guessing Land Rover chassis stripped down covered in nothing but waxoil……

dannyh
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

From the link

Perhaps your fantasies are being subconsciously transmitted to your workmates

I can confirm that as yet none of my colleagues have dropped dead ; I will keep trying

🙂

dazh

I discreetly said I could see things she didn’t want me to see

So that’s how you subconsciously transmit a fantasy to your colleagues? Tempting as it is to tell a female colleague that ‘I’m terribly sorry, but I can see your knickers’, I fear it would get me the sack for sexual harassment.

kimbers

That story is BS , dear Dierdre had more believable scenarios

walla24
    Free Member

hahaha……(sighs)….nothing visually disturbing here!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Working from home does somewhat reduce the variation in visual disturbances.

drlex
    Free Member

I’ve had to stop reading the comments on that story – suffering a visual disturbance of streaming tears.

Edukator
    Free Member

A problem or a perk?

The head of computing normally left his door swinging open, sometimes ajar when he was busy but happy to be interrupted. Now and then when he was working with one of his more decorative colleagues he used to shut the door. I don’t think anyone ever knocked on finding it locked.

DezB
    Free Member

The head of computing

Always a magnet for the ladies in my experience.

nickc

Years ago i was working late, and when I’d finished whatever the work was, I thought I’d just drop it on my boss’ desk for him to see first thing in the morning. I thought no-one was in the office, so just barged in…To be confronted by his hairy arse jabbing back and forth between the legs of Sam the receptionist.

I paused for a moment surveying what I know now to be a visual disturbance, apologised and retreated.

Poor girl was mortified 🙁

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Answer by Billy Connolly’s ex…

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

how cheerful of you wopster.
    Cant beat a good dose of misandry to lighten up a thread…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Set boundaries by letting them know that you have a girlfriend, perhaps inviting her to lunch so they can meet her you can have a threesome.

dazh

You know I’ve never come across the word ‘misandry’ before. I had to look it up. And I thought I was relatively well eductated.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Having an office in a business park there are a number of visually pleasing women and usually get a polite hello in the corridor, however the accountants office down the corridor who often take parcels for me has one very friendly young lady who always insists on stopping for a chat, now she could be just a friendly outgoing person or me being absolutely clueless not picking up on her actually flirting, so to be on the safe side I shall remain blissfully unaware and carry on being awkward around her especially in the tight confines of the shared offices kitchen.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Pamela Stephensons answers are always rubbish, at least the ones I have read, wonder how much she gets paid? Molly Ringwold gives really sensible advice that makes Pamelas weird perspectives look an total embarrassment in comparison.

It does not even seem to occur to Stephenson that the lab coat wearer might be used to seeing men as merely colleagues ie pretty much sexless/just another human, so commenting on the working conditions/dress in the lab might have meant no more to her than if she had made the same comment to a woman colleague. I dont get why she only takes the line that the woman is flirting, its such a narrow point of view esp from a ‘therapist’. The bloke sounds like an egotist, if he is a real person at all.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ten Rape Prevention Tips.

Whoppit where do you find this nonsense?

mark90
    Free Member

Years ago when I was a deskside IT tech (you know the guys with the comedy ties) working on a large site of around 2,000 users, there was one particular office that was populated by aabout a dozen what would be called ‘cougars’ these days. They were all rather dirty/flirty. Quite good a good laugh if you were confident with them. Or quite imtimidating to the unsuspecting fresh young meat we used to send their way 😉

ThePinkster

It does not even seem to occur to Stephenson that the lab coat wearer might be used to seeing men as merely colleagues ie pretty much sexless/just another human, so commenting on the working conditions/dress in the lab might have meant no more to her than if she had made the same comment to a woman colleague. I dont get why she only takes the line that the woman is flirting, its such a narrow point of view esp from a ‘therapist’. The bloke sounds like an egotist, if he is a real person at all.

And look at all the clicks it’s getting 😉

nickc

It does not even seem to occur to Stephenson that the lab coat wearer might be used to seeing men as merely colleagues ie pretty much sexless/just another human, so commenting on the working conditions/dress in the lab might have meant no more to her than if she had made the same comment to a woman colleague.

A girl telling you she is wearing nowt but her knickers and bra is NOT merely commenting on her lack of laundry scheduling skills.

OK?

DezB
    Free Member

Years ago when I was a deskside IT tech (you know the guys with the comedy ties) working on a large site of around 2,000 users, there was one particular office that was populated by aabout a dozen what would be called ‘cougars’ these days. They were all rather dirty/flirty. Quite good a good laugh if you were confident with them. Or quite imtimidating to the unsuspecting fresh young meat we used to send their way

Ah yes, the one single benefit of working in IT support. Apart from free floppy drives, maybe.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    how cheerful of you wopster.
    Cant beat a good dose of misandry to lighten up a thread…

Inappropriate behaviour, eh? AND I’m at work. 😆

leffeboy

Some quality work in the comments section.
    Waits for what happens when mumsnet gets that link….

dazh

so commenting on the working conditions/dress in the lab might have meant no more to her than if she had made the same comment to a woman colleague

Next time I forget to pack my pants for the cycle commute and am forced to go commando I’ll be sure to tell all my female colleagues about it. Just for information of course. I’m sure they’ll all understand and not think it odd in the slightest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Arousal at work’ is closed to new replies.