Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • army waterproofs
  • oblique
    Free Member

i have been looking for army surpluses waterproof trousers on ebay to cut down. There seem to be two sorts, the thin over trousers at 5-10 quid or waterproof trousers for about 20.

do people recommend the thin ones. I can see the thicker ones getting quite warm.

parkesie
    Free Member

Youl sweat your plums off in the waterproofs.

z1ppy

but it's cold when it's actually raining… yes I find even the Altura Attack's waterproof short quite warm when it's not raining, so only tend to wear them when it's either raining already or just about to.
    Though I have showerproof shorts I prefer to use 'mid' summer.

z1ppy

oh and click on the tag at the top, for a few threads about waterproof shorts, looks like the £20 are recommended (for winter at least).

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

very good water proofs ( i was an army cadet) in both you'll sweat like mad but either will be suitable

backhander
    Free Member

Do NOT buy the old "crisp packet" type WPs. These were issued before the goretex ones. These will suck every ounce of moisture out of you. I have first hand experience of these and in the end decided that I'd rather be p1ss wrapped than on my chinstrap due to these hateful things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘army waterproofs’ is closed to new replies.