Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Army vs Navy Rugby advice please.
  • brack
    Free Member

Am putting together a day out….at least 10 lads to see the A vs N rugger match at twickers on 2nd May.

Now is it possible to buy tickets on the day? Or would we be better booking in advance?

Just want to keep it as flexible as possible and concerned that should others want to come then they may not possiblly be seated next to us.

Any advice?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

1 – It’s rugby, not “rugger”
    2 – It’s Twickenham, not “twickers”
    3 – I’d book in advance, just to be safe
    4 – Have a stroll down to the White Swan on the river for pre-match beers. Great spot!

😉

jfeb
    Free Member

I am sure you will be able to get tickets on the day but better to get them in advance.

And keep your voices down when you go – I like my peace and quiet 😉

brack
    Free Member

Ok cheers shame you aren’t around….I’d buy you a beer!

Or should that be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops….

Ah sod it….tell you what capn

You don’t sound like you’d get on with me mates….we’ll have a drink for you!

😆

sweaman2
    Free Member

The stadium is no where near full for Army v Navy so you should be able to buy tickets on the day easy enough. But if you want a big group together perhaps safer to book in advance. (Although it isn’t full they don’t open it all up so the tiers are restricted)

When I’ve been just ensure you decide to support one or other side (makes it much better fun)

White Swan is good.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Support the RN if you’re a neutral and want to choose sides.

What with the Army hiring in rugby playing help from Fiji the RN lads are really the underdogs.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Agree with CFH that it is rugby not rugger, unless you are under 18 and still at a very expensive public school paid for by mater and pater.

Book so you don’t get seats behind the tryline halfway up or you will only see a quarter of the game

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CM, evern when one was at a very expensive public school, it was still rugby, not rugger! 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

evern

Not expensive enough, it seems… 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

brack
    Free Member

oops I stand corrected….sorry it should be rugby.

Guess Ive been living in Chichester for too long.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Army vs Navy Rugby advice please.’ is closed to new replies.