Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Army Captain rants about coffee and biscuits
  • aracer
    Free Member

Surprised we haven’t done this one (apologies if we have, I have searched)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34899745/army-captain-goes-on-400-word-rant-about-having-to-wait-for-coffee-and-biscuits

I have to admit I was most upset by her describing Jaffa Cakes as biscuits.

jam-bo

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-yPZ9_2EBU[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

I wondered if coffeegate would make it on here!

thegreatape
    Free Member

The dangers of leaving your computer unlocked when you go for a poo…

ninfan
    Free Member

The ironic thing being the numbers of interviews without coffee (or biscuits) that will have taken place over this during the past 48 hours.

johnners
    Free Member

Describing Jaffa Cakes as biscuits is bad enough but

Jaffa Cakes, choc malted milks, choc Hobnobs or digestives – and as a treat, party rings or pink wafers.

On what planet are party rings and pink wafers a treat vs choc Hobnobs? They’ll be saving Rich Teas and Garibaldis for when they really want to push the boat out.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zero coffee without interviews it’s a piss take.

Alpha1653

Unfortunately, it’s very much not a piss take and it wasn’t someone leaving their computer unlocked either…

Duffer
    Free Member

Did anyone hear that? It sounded like career suicide.

martinhutch

Good work by the press office for not missing that particular open goal.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Unfortunately, it’s very much not a piss take and it wasn’t someone leaving their computer unlocked either…

been there, its typical mess joke seen similar many times on different ‘important subjects’ of mess etiquette. For example it would not be addressed to ‘subbies’.

If youve been in the system then you would spot the rest of the intended puns. Captains that stand in for subbies ha ha ha, Enough said ….. numerous others

natrix
    Free Member

What else would you expect from REME 😆

willard

Now now, no corps infighting here.

Now, if anyone needs me, I shall be carrying out an inventory of my posh biscuit collection.

I thought they had proved that, for tax purposes at least, Jaffa Cakes _were_ a biscuit?

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

I thought they had proved that, for tax purposes at least, Jaffa Cakes _were_ a biscuit?

Nope Jaffa cakes are a cake, not a chocolate covered biscuit. VAT is applied to Chocolate covered biscuits, but regular biscuits and cake are considered essential to life, thus no VAT.

The simple test of biscuit v’s cake. Leave both out for 2 days. The cake will go hard, biscuit will go soft.

NewRetroTom

No, other way round – proved that they are a cake.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vfoodmanual/vfood6260.htm

mark90
    Free Member

The simple test of biscuit v’s cake. Leave both out for 2 days. The cake will go hard, biscuit will go soft.

This is where the confusion about jaffa cakes arises, no one has left a jaffa cake for 2 days to go stale 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

For VAT purposes a Jaffa Cake is a cake and therefore is not subject to VAT at the standard rate – as determined by a VAT Tribunal in 1991.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

What else would you expect from REME

ok fair cop, or was it from the All Girls Corp?

epicyclo

mynamesnotbob – Member
    …The simple test of biscuit v’s cake. Leave both out for 2 days. The cake will go hard, biscuit will go soft.

I thought that was the final selection test for the SAS.

C’mon, who else will have the self discipline to leave a cake and biscuit out for 2 days?

2 minutes more like. 🙂

scaredypants

Well, apart from anything else, this shows that depite the billions sunk into it, defence is in a bad way

Taylors

<weeps quietly into civet-shit espresso>

footflaps

I was most relieved to find I could get Taylors of Harrogate Earl Grey in a hotel in Utah…..

notlocal
    Free Member
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Army Captain rants about coffee and biscuits’ is closed to new replies.