Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Armstrong on Facebook
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

He’s done a 24hr race with former team mates and come 3rd.

He’s posts up on FB about it and the adulation for him is quite unbelievable. I’d post a link but I don’t know how from my phone.

One guy even said re. his road career he “beat the Europeans at their own game fair and square” 😮

tomhoward

He did take drugs better than all of the Europeans though?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why give him the oxygen?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s Armstrong were talking about, not Roche

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Don’t.

He’s a full-time tosser.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

He beat people when they were all using drugs, he’s beating people without drugs.

Fair enough

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two things that are best, and easily, avoided.

Armstrong and Facebook.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t mind Armstrong so much actually.

He seems like a proper classic psychopath, none of the wishy washy arsehole vibe that you get from Wiggins.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hincape looked ripped in the photos, clearly retirement suits him well.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CFH +1

taxi25
    Free Member

For those who are interested a write up here.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-hincapie-vande-velde-and-casey-reunite-for-24-hours-of-old-pueblo-gallery/

Seems like someone who just wants to ride a bike with some mates now. He’ll have enough on his plate with the upcoming $79,000,000 lawsuit. I’d cut him a little slack. You can only hate for so long.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’d cut him a little slack

I think the Andreus, Lemond, O’Reilly & Bassons might disagree with you.

tjagain

He needs to be hounded and then hounded again for what he did. He should be treated as a pariah. I thought he was banned from all competition anyway?

jekkyl

I like to casually troll him on there and his fans think he’s christ, it’s really quite spectacular.

belugabob
    Free Member

frankconway

Ignore – and block the newsfeed.

jam-bo

Charliethebikemonger has the right idea…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Seems like someone who just wants to ride a bike with some mates now. He’ll have enough on his plate with the upcoming $79,000,000 lawsuit. I’d cut him a little slack. You can only hate for so long.

+1

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ 24hr races are ok for some reason

JoeG
    Free Member

Northwind

I think it’d be fun to race Armstrong tbh. And just imagine if he dnf’d. “Oh yeah, that time i beat Lance Armstrong? It was nothing really”. I’d put him with my celebrity scalps, along with Guy Martin, Lewis Buchanan and Chipps “Chipps” Chippendale.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Cut him some slack 😯 . No hang the f***er out to dry.

Apparently Hitler was great around kids. Perhaps we should re-assess him too?

pondo

Thought he’d be easy to find out and cuss at but I’ve failed.

woodster

4 cheats get beaten by a team of high school kids.

Guess the hidden motors need a tune up.

njee20
    Free Member

TJ 24hr races are ok for some reason

He’s only banned from sanctioned races, it’s the only place USADA have juristiction.

He was the best at cheating in an era of cheaters, but that doesn’t diminish the fact he was a horrible person. I’m not sure comparisons to Hitler are justified, “classic psychopath” seems reasonable.

To bring a more positive spin to all this Ant White (UK 24 hour veteran) won the Solo race by a good margin!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 hitting the nail on the head there.

LeeW

mrlebowski – Member

I’d cut him a little slack

I think the Andreus, Lemond, O’Reilly & Bassons might disagree with you.

I think they have entirely different and completely justified reasons to hate.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The time of lying egomaniacs is back! #maga

I hope his membership at Mar-A-Lago hasn’t lapsed. He could be in for a presidential pardon and a top job.

lazybike
    Free Member

He cheated and lied…not that uncommon in professional cycling.

geoffj

He seems like a proper classic psychopath, none of the wishy washy arsehole vibe that you get from Wiggins.

+1

Proper lols

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just ignore Armstrong and let him deal with his past alone. Hounding him is simply bullying and merely stooping to his level.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

He’s a lying, cheating nutjob!

What’s to like?

What’s to forgive??

cookeaa

Just ignore Armstrong and let him deal with his past alone. Hounding him is simply bullying and merely stooping to his level.

In fairness, he’s rather publicly entered a race with some of his former team mates. That’s hardly “dealing with his past alone” is it…

He’s a publicity fuelled sociopath (in a country that seems quite keen on those currently) and knows perfectly well that his turning up for any cycling event will draw the attention and comment that he adores… I can’t believe nobody advised him (or indeed any of the other former USPS riders) against taking part.

I say Have at him haterz!
    He’s just gone and put himself up for it, Yet again…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes, so don’t give him any attention. Simple and much more pleasant that the bullying alternative that some are proposing.

LeeW

I nothing him, I don’t wish him well or ill.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In fairness, he’s rather publicly entered a race with some of his former team mates. That’s hardly “dealing with his past alone” is it…

He’s a publicity fuelled sociopath (in a country that seems quite keen on those currently) and knows perfectly well that his turning up for any cycling event will draw the attention and comment that he adores… I can’t believe nobody advised him (or indeed any of the other former USPS riders) against taking part.

I say Have at him haterz!
    He’s just gone and put himself up for it, Yet again…

You’re vociferously hateing him via a pseudonym on an internet forum he’s not a member of.

Ultimately he probably doesnt give two hoots what STW think, and you’re just shortening your own life getting stressed and wasting time hateing someone you’ve never met doing a race on the other side of the plannet.

“What would Lance do?”

Apparrently enter a 24h race with friends. Past indiscretions asside I think he wins Vs whiny cockbags of STW being whiny cockbags.

Northwind

thisisnotaspoon – Member

You’re vociferously hateing him via a pseudonym on an internet forum he’s not a member of.

And remember kids, ranting about a cheat from a decade ago makes the sport cleaner today.

taxi25
    Free Member

Apparently Hitler was great around kids. Perhaps we should re-assess him too?

And the sense of proportion award goes to…………….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

For those of you who wish to forgive or/and adulate a cheating, lying nutjob – it doesn’t say a lot about you as a person.,

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

He who has no sins cast the first stone

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Armstrong on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.