Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Armoured (Northern Irish) police land rovers in north london?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Like the ones on THIS PAGE ( I can’t see a share link for the acual pic).

I have seen lots, & I do mean lots over the last few weeks, all NI number plates, are we expecting more riots or something?
    Quite an intimidating looking vehicle with fairly big blokes in T-shirts driving them, do they not feel the cold?

Any thoughts/insights other than I’m down the road from the Peel center?

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s nearly time for critical mass isn’t it?

somouk
    Free Member

There was a similar vehicle parked outside Birmingham airport the other week. I suspect they may be using them to train in at the moment in anticipation of a delivery of their own gear.

scotchegg
    Free Member

Training for G8.

luffy105
    Free Member

Think scotchegg is right. They’re gearing up for it in a big way

project
    Free Member

A few years ago loads of them in liverpool with burnt out cars, it was bbc filming a riot sequence in some old flats.

Probably the same, or theyure expecting a riot situation due to milliband resigning from politics,or some girl band splitting up.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

G8 is a good call, hadn’t thought about that one, cheers.

Edit, just looked it up & it’s in Northern Ireland, so why are they in North London?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

North of the Parks? To be expected, surely.

m0rk
    Free Member

Isn’t the G8 in Lough Erne (actually in NI)?

Would seem odd company car transport to pop over to London in

Curious

Kryton57

I saw 3 in convey in whetstone a few days ago.

SaxonRider

I think that thing just won the coolest official car award. That is exceedingly cool-looking.

stevenieve
    Free Member

CountZero

I’d say it’s the ideal vehicle for urban driving, especially in London, what with all the taxis, minicabs, etc…
    It’s what I’d want to own. 😀

scotchegg
    Free Member

Yes G8 is in NI but they are sending British police who will be deployed in land rovers.

It will be the first time British police will be deployed in NI and they will be using land rovers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’d have thought after the weeks and weeks of loyalist riots, the PSNI would have had a bit more practice. And a fair chunk of them are more than up for a ruck too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

G8 is in NI in June. There’ll be mutual aid from Eng/Wel/Sco police, some of whom are getting special training to drive these vehicles ( 🙂 ). That’ll be why they’re over here.

TooTall
    Free Member

You’d have thought after the weeks and weeks of loyalist riots, the PSNI would have had a bit more practice.

They can’t all work 24/7/365, so when there is something else even bigger, they need a few more people.

project
    Free Member

Seems as if merseyside police just bought 3 brand new ones for police duties.

ovic make them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm…marching season – April to August. G8 summit in June. Great. 🙂 Looks like they’ll need the help alright.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Hmmm, I’m used to watching the police driver training as-as I mentioned I’m down the road from the Peel center, but they all use the Mondeo’s with full B&T’s but still drive at 30MPH on the A1, these guys are just driving in the slow lane not really looking like they want to learn anything, they are just so intimidating.

aP
    Free Member

Don’t know, but there’ve been armed Police at Waterloo regularly over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

tazzymtb

it’s the start of the zombie apocalypse, they’ve already started moving the royals to protective bunkers and they’re preparing to shut down and isolate the areas of contagion…..

2unfit will be one of the first to develop a taste for brains

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Armoured (Northern Irish) police land rovers in north london?’ is closed to new replies.