Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Armchair/wiki doctor/knee experts
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My right knee has become tender and gradually swollen over the last 3 days, no obvious cause (no fall, bite, exercise-injury).

It’s not huge yet but the skin over the kneecap is maybe 1/2″ fatter than the left knee, adn it’s now pretty tender.

What’s the online diagnosis…straight to doctors, amputation most likely?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cat AIDS. The bad kind.

donsimon
    Free Member

Depends on how close to 52yrs you are, if you’re close just accept that you’re now OLD and heading for the knackers yard. One of life’s harsh realities.

philconsequence
    Free Member

at least you can get a t-shirt

Bregante

Might sound daft but does it feel warm? I had fluid on the knee a few years back and that was one of the symptoms. I had it drained and it never came back. Dr put it down to ligament strain ( not related to the current problems I’m having with my knee now)

hora
    Free Member

My diagnosis if you’ve twisted it whilst riding but not realised.

Jamie
    Free Member

My diagnosis is the knee has collapsed, under the weight of you own awesomeness.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie’s explanation most likely 😎

Bregante, it does feel warmer to touch than the other knee. I’ll get a syringe and suck the fluid out new.

yunki
    Free Member

mild case of karma probably.. long term prognosis in your case Al would be above waist amputation.. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh 😀

Hey I bought a geeeeeeetar. Await emails about D-chords and Fall tracks…

Taff
    Free Member

My diagnosis is the knee has collapsed, under the weight of you own awesomeness.

– Quality!

Is it solid and swollen or liquidy swollen? My knee is liquidy swollen from running… getting it seen to tonight. Thinking bursitis rather than water on the knee. Apparently both stem from tendon/cartilidge issues so get it checked properly sooner rather than later

Taff
    Free Member

I have ‘housemaids’ knee!?

heckler73
    Free Member

yip housemaids knee, had it checked 3 weeks ago, got anti inflams, shrunk a wee bit, now back to puffed up, no pain ill just live with it……..

djglover
    Free Member

bursitis perhaps, I’ve had that from running. just the usual RICE methodology to treat and it should go away without too much fuss, then add some strengthening exercises, as the root cause is probably some kind of imbalance.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thing is bar my 20m commute and a 2hr walk up Ben Lomond a week ago I’ve done **** all exercise for 3 weeks!

Doc suspects reactive arthritis as I have a sore throat, anti-inflammatories en route, I may get the forzen peas out.

Not playing hockey this week, no way do I want to land on it on astroturf!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Armchair/wiki doctor/knee experts’ is closed to new replies.