Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Arm infection- part 2 conclusion….
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

… now on day 4 of hospital treatment, am free to go with an oral dose of doxycycline for a week.

Got freaked out as can feel my lymph nodes under my arm pit – doctor said normal as your fighting an infection.

My head is completely fried from the last week and my therapist is away till next week ( I’m not making this bit up – she really is !)

Thanks once again for all your help and kind words

…and kids play safe don’t ignore that cut/bite/graze etc if it starts to swell up !!!

Drac

Glad to hear you’re on the mend.

BillOddie

Glad you’re on the mend.

I had similar, massively swollen elbow, marker pen rings, antibiotics, pea sized holed hole that produced a mix of blood and pus that had to be drained a couple times a day that finally ended when it produced what can only be described a neon green ball of stuff, leaving a deep hole in my arm.

I still have the scar and can feel the void under my skin.

Not sure what caused mine but suspects include a “mud run”, mtbing or an insect bite or a combination of all 3.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brakes
    Free Member

I thought I had shin splints after doing London-Edinburgh-London this summer. It turned out to be an infection in my leg. Glad I listened to my family as otherwise I might have ignored it… I think it came from a bite but there were no bite marks or localized swelling, just pain and cellulitis.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Swelling has come right down from what it was, new antibiotics make me feel awful (doxycycline200mg)
    Saw my GP today who checked my arm and lymp nodes,which wasone of the reasons I went.
    Freaking me out that I can feel them under my arm pit, she said it’s normal as is feeling tired and feeling unwell.
    She did say once I’m better she would like to check they’ve gone down just to be on the safe side. ( again this freaked me out) ( i then spoke to my doc friend who said of course they’re messed up you have an infection in your elbow !)

I asked if I could go back to work tomorrow- she said No !!! Wants me back in on Friday to check my swelling.

I’m a rubbish patient.

All this from a simple scratch…

Sorry for airing – antibiotics and generally feeling rubbish isn’t helping my anxiety my brain is all over the place with lots of irrational thoughts that lead to a bad place which include what if it’s something else that’ and my time is up etc .

I can’t put this onto my wife… perils of me loosing a parent when I was a child is really messing with me…

I don’t expect replies or anything I just needed to air though I’m not sure it will make my thoughts better.

Drac

You’re feeling run down and unwell it will make your anxiety feel worse, vent on here but you’re better off finding someone to talk to. You’re on the road to recovery, coupled with effects of a severe infection and the effects of a massive doses of antibiotics you’ll feel crap for awhile.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Better to have a good whinge & get it out in the open though rather than trying to bottle it up though dude.

scaredypants

new antibiotics make me feel awful (doxycycline200mg)

Belly ache or heartburn ? Don’t take them on an empty stomach (and make sure you wash them down well, whle sitting up or standing)

It has quite a few other possible effects (of course, so does everything) but they’re rarely anything to worry about; maybe talk to your doc when you see her next
    TBH, changing to that from IVs is generally a sign that they’re pretty happy with you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Arm infection- part 2 conclusion….’ is closed to new replies.