Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Arkose singlespeed
  • MrPottatoHead

Anyone got one? Have some Evans vouchers to burn and liking the idea of something low maintenance. Are they a ‘fun’ ride? Appreciate the might be on the weighty side to hit that price point but still want it to be a bit playful.

akira

Quite a laugh to ride, Jameso will be along soon enough I imagine. Tried a few iterations and a nice simple fun bike to ride, obviously not for long commutes or strava KOM on technical descents but pretty capable for what it is.

MrPottatoHead

Any other views from the daytime crowd?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

To me, spending £50 extra for the Arkose X 2017 is a no brainer, for multiple gears and extra tyre clearance, for starters. Oh and tubeless ready rims.

And don’t forget to use British Cycling membership for 10% off. 😉

superstu
    Free Member

I have a regular arkose and I think it’s terrific but aware of confirmation bias. Feel more confident on road stretches (less about brakes more about unseen pot holes not knocking you into hedges/middle of the road) and it’s fun on the right bits of off-road.

benp1

I have an Arkose 2, I like it. I’d say go a bit more and get the new X, good that 1×10 and hydros is back at a good price point

2tyred

Friend loaned me one to race the 3 peaks a few years back, just before they went on sale. Stock kit, lighter than I expected it to be and the SS-specific TRP hydros are mint.

MrPottatoHead

Did look at the Arkose X but one of the big appeals for the single speed was to ditch the gears and keep it simple, otherwise it’s too similar to my current bike. This is definitely an n+1.

I suppose I could get the X and easily convert it with a tensioner.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Arkose singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.