Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Arkose & London road, recommend me something similar but a bit more exciting :)
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I Have both of the above and the arkose gets used the most, it does the job well , its just a bit .. well boring and its grey!
    Recommend me something similar that does the same job, crosser/tourer etc with guards and rack that wont empty the bank account !
    Looking for frameset option really and then i can swop the bits off my arkose

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Loving my Croix de fer built up from a frameset and the bits from my old crosser, comfy, versatile…not sure it’s actually exciting though but it’s not grey atleast

1-shed
    Free Member

http://www.freshtripe.co.uk/freshtripe/Frames.html for velo orange frames look lush and have a look at all city frames, I’ve got the macho man disc lovely bike. I got the frame from trinton cycles. Cheers 1 shed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shermer75
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

Just put some shorter forks on the arkrose, it’ll liven up the handling no end

1-shed
    Free Member

I think the op will be using discs which rules out the pacer?

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, fair point…

matt_outandabout

Shand Stoater.

Enjoy picking the paint colour.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Shand Stoater.

Enjoy picking the paint colour.
    thats very very nice but that will empty the bank account of me , the mrs and the kids ! … nice to dream though 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

In a couple of weeks this’ll be down to £599. Still pretty pricey though, and those drop-outs look annoying

rj
    Free Member

Mason Definition, Bowman Pilgrims, Kinesis 4S disc, The Light Blue Robinson. I’ve got a Definition that I’m building up at the moment and it is properly nice,but all of them look extremely tempting.

RustyNissanPrairie

how are on-One still in business by making utter tosh like that abomination above? Im sure it rides well but BISH BASH BOSH?????? **** off.

shermer75
    Free Member

Their bike names have always had a sense of humor, although this one seems a bit obvious

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    In a couple of weeks this’ll be down to £599. Still pretty pricey though, and those drop-outs look annoying

Really dont like the look of that at all !

Tomac is a bit nicer but shorter top tube, same as my london road which i find short, compared to my arkose

ben98
    Free Member

Charge plugs are a pretty colour? I don’t know if they’re sold as frame only though.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

dawson – Member
    Mango point AR?

got a decent write up on road.cc

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/172779-first-ride-review-mango-point-ar

http://www.mangobikes.co.uk/components/framesets/point-ar-frameset6
    Good call on that and it comes in orange so its a winner for me so far 🙂

edhornby

if you want a ‘better’ frame then the mango, london road, arkose are all of the same quality thereabouts

if you aren’t spending big money then why not get it resprayed

ampthill

Respray might be the first sensible comment

Is thread really I have 2 nearly identical bikes, please recommend a third?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Arkose & London road, recommend me something similar but a bit more exciting :)’ is closed to new replies.