Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Arhhhh…Help…Mounting Shock!
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Hi, posted a few weeks ago as I brought a new Monarch shock for my Five, issue was the mount kit that came with it appeared to be a little on the large. Got advise on here and went along to my LBC who concurred with advise and sold me a new mount kit…but it still doesn’t fit!

I’ve true to squeeze it in but it’s just too tight…am I doing something wrong or is there a special technique?

Seems bizarre it does not fit could given I’ve had advise here and LBS.

Any advise welcome.

nwill1
    Free Member

Please ignore…I remember asking for a 22mm the shop owner said 22.2 would be fine!!

Obviously not!

nickthegreek
    Free Member

I called my LBS today for a 160mm rotor and was told they only has 180mm in stock but that it would fit just fine. Ho Hum.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

Well. The actual answer is that an Orange 5 takes a 21.8mm mount, fox make a 21.8mm *and* a 22.2mm mount. Rockshox make a 22mm mount.

The 22mm will fit at a push.

Some numpties will take 22mm to mean either 21.8 or 22.2. But you reall y need the right one.

robhughes
    Free Member

22mm fit’s fine on a five trust me.
    Fox make a 21.84 so 0.16 of a mm is nothing as we are talking about bike frames not tool making.. 😉

rickon
    Free Member

I actually meant its a 22.2, not a 21.8 – thats why the 22 does fit easily 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Arhhhh…Help…Mounting Shock!’ is closed to new replies.