Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Arhh, yes I see now…it's a tubeless ready (as opp. to UST)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Laughing at myself, so I tht I cheer STW up a little before the cold snap.

Rushed to James’s, made an impulse purchase for the Peak Pootle. My eyes/mind only digested the work Tubeless…..I was at it for 3 days!! The air was blue…..my previous ust’s went up in about 4 or 5 strokes of the track pump. What am I doing wrong?

Then I fell on another post that explained the difference/difficulty of inflation.

+1 for that.

God I sh*** sometimes 🙄

khani
    Free Member

Is this some wheels? Didn’t you notice all the holes in them? Didn’t your guide dog notice?
    Or do you mean tyres? Guide dogs are no good for picking tyres…

glenh
    Free Member

If it was tyres, I can’t see why it would make a difference. ‘Tubelesss ready’ tyres usually have a UST bead, and they go up with any old pump on my UST rims, no problem.

shortcut

UST is actually a standard and provides a bead specification and tyres that don’t leak air. Manufacturers pay a fee to use the term UST hence many go Tubeless ready espcially with the advent of Stans rims, strips etc.

Tubeless ready is far more hit and miss.

khani
    Free Member

UST tyres have beefier and sealed sidewalls so you don’t need sealant, tubeless ready tyres have a UST bead but lighter and not sealed sidewalls so you need gloop..
    That’s why UST tyres are heavier..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Arhh, yes I see now…it's a tubeless ready (as opp. to UST)’ is closed to new replies.