Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Arhh ! .. new light didnt come with helmet mount :(….. show me your mount :)
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

my mistake but didnt realise the new lights i bought for mayhem didn’t come with a mount, only a headband mount ! …. show me your helmet mounts …. as had to do a bit of bodging with various zip ties to sort of get it to fit …. better than nothing but not happy 🙁 …
    Where do people strap there batteries if wearing a helmet light ?? .. on the helmet it self or maybe in your camelbac ?

boxfish
    Free Member

I used these clips from Petzl to secure a light to my cycling helmet

takisawa2

Is it one of these…

sku_94182_4 by pten2106, on Flickr

If so, chop off the band, cut out a bit of innertube & zip tie it on. Dat’s wot I did.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ takisawa2 .. yep .. done that …. ive managed to zip tie it on and seems ok …
    cheers for the replys 😀

neilm
    Free Member

If it’s like the picture above. I removed the band at the back and shortened the long band that runs side to side. I then re-stitched a loop at the end, cut a small slot in the middle of the mount so that I could feed the new loop back into its original position.

I made two, one for me and one for my son, which we will be using at Mayhem.

Battery just lives in one of the pockets on my jersey.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve done a similar zip-tie mount to my helmet… Look a bit of a tit on daytime rides as I refuse to remove the mount.

The only real pain is the wire going to my backpack. But I suppose I can live with it…

Muke
    Free Member

See my post in this thread

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s possible to use that mount on a MTB lid without cutting it, you do need to be creative with the fitting though 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Arhh ! .. new light didnt come with helmet mount :(….. show me your mount :)’ is closed to new replies.