• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by womp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Arghhhhhh Canyon delay
  • womp
    Free Member

I have ordered a Canyon strive 9.0 team XX1 but it’s now delayed beyond the date i need it for (Alps trip)

So I have to change spec should I down spec to XT 2×10 and upgrade the wheels and bars to LB carbon or go for the XTR 2X11 spec ?

So what spec strive would you get and why ?

njee20
    Free Member

XT one, buy XX1 groupset and LB wheels.

womp
    Free Member

im a little lost as to where the extra weight is between the 8.0 (XT) ad the 9.0 SL (XTR)

a quick goggle suggests only 40g between the drive-chain, the wheels are the same at 1720g so that means the ali bars weigh an extra 560g 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is 40g between the cassettes and about 30g on the chain
    So unless they have made XTR weigh the same as XT there will be some more to go in there.

I’d probably go for the XT Though, can’t quite see the point in 2×11 unless you can get the Sram cassette to fit and work properly on the XTR Setup then 1x that.

gazb74
    Free Member

Hi womp,I’ve ordered the team version same as yourself,how do you know it’s delated and what size you ordered?
    When was yours due to arrive

Cheers
    Gary

legend
    Free Member

I’d go for one of the ones with Pikes on instead

womp
    Free Member

gazb74 – Member
    Hi womp,I’ve ordered the team version same as yourself,how do you know it’s delated and what size you ordered?
    When was yours due to arrive

Cheers
    Gary

sorry only just seen this, mine was a small due week 17

I’ve gone for the 8.0 now, i still cant figure out where the extra weight is over the 9.0 though

Does anyone have a source for drivechain weights ?

I’d probably go for the XT Though, can’t quite see the point in 2×11 unless you can get the Sram cassette to fit and work properly on the XTR Setup then 1x that.

I agree, Shimano 1×11 does not have the range so id run it 2×11, i may aswell save the cash and get the XT 2×10, with the money i save i can get some LB rims, plus i can always upgrade to XT 1×11 when i comes out and hopefully a wide ratio cassette will be available at that point also

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Arghhhhhh Canyon delay’ is closed to new replies.