Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Arghh snapped pivot bolt on a Giant frame – where to get replacement?
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

So im spannering my missus bike yesterday lubing stuff and general fettling and I notice a bit of play in the linkage on the rear end when you lift bike up by the seat.
    Soooo I decide to grease all the bearings and retighten it , when i give it some force the bolt snapped on the non driveside with a loud bang
    So I know im an idiot and yes I own two torque wrenches a small 2-24 and a big one for larger stuff but decided I know best.
    Where can I get a replacement? Its a Giant yukon FX and its the bolt that attaches the rear triangle to the front through the bottom shock eye

Thanks in anticipation of your wisdom
    Matt

jimc101
    Free Member

Giant dealer?

kayak23

Don’t recall where I got mine but Google about for pivot kits for giants. I did something similar on my giant Reign a while back. About 20 quid if I remember rightly.

If you can get the bolt part out of the sleeve part you may be able to just pick up a similar replacement from your friendly local bolt emporium.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Possibly all sorted now guys, Tom at the Giant store at Rutland sourcing me one

kayak23

That was it… Rutland !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Arghh snapped pivot bolt on a Giant frame – where to get replacement?’ is closed to new replies.