Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Arghh should I buy these now or wait?
  • grumm
    Free Member

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/113189.html

After a recent trip to the Alps I'd quite like to get some bigger forks for my Pitch. I have also noticed some really nasty stanchion wear on my Pikes – I am thinking it's probably not worth replacing the stanchions etc as it will be too pricey, so I was thinking I will just run them until they break then buy some new forks.

However this seems like a really good deal and I doubt they are going to get any cheaper.

I am somewhat skint after my trip but do have some money I could spend on em – also tempted by the finance option, which is not like me!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I put a set of these on my Pitch before I sold the bike, they're great for the bike.

hardly any long axle to crown than the pikes and weigh the same 🙂 Makes the bike way easier to get air-borne too

GW
    Free Member

if you've neglected pikes so much that the stanchions have worn, I'd avoid Fox forks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GW
    Free Member

how does an extra 20mm travel make a bike easier to ger airborne? 😕

GW
    Free Member

oh, and a 36 A-C is over an inch longer than a pike too.

I'd imagine you'd be using the bike in the low position seeing as the longer fork will raise the BB about 10mm, if so, you'll end up with a 65.something deg HA and a 14.something " BB height, if the BB were a little lower that'd make a nice UK/mini DH bike IMO

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah I did consider that about the wear on the Fox Forks – I was pretty new to biking when I got my Pitch but I'm much happier with spannering now so I think I would be ok to do the regular servicing etc.

Think the bb is fairly low to start with isn't it so raising it slightly shouldn't be too much of a problem.

BoardinBob
    grumm
    Free Member

Oooh! I think that might have persuaded me damn you!! Hope they still have some left when I get paid in a week or so.

GW
    Free Member

14"ish BB isn't really low at all for a 6" travel bike. (in lowest setting)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i thought the pitch geopetry was fixed in the slack/low settings off the enduro?

Saying that I guess a bit of paitience and a steady hand would add another hole.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Arghh should I buy these now or wait?’ is closed to new replies.