Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Argh my eyes – retro niche snow commuter in garish colours
  • ourmaninthenorth

SS'd Kona Lava Dome from, er, 18 years ago (hence the purple paintwork).

Now sporting rack and hideously non-colour co-ordinated red panniers for the commute through the snow later this morning.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Not sure if that particular shade of pale blue is the right colour for that wall.

Very nice bike though!

ourmaninthenorth

Not sure if that particular shade of pale blue is the right colour for that wall.

I think Mrs North would firmly inform you it is French Grey 🙂 . But it is blue, really (though the colour balance of the photo is all wrong).

It's about time the bl**dy thing was ridden, in whatever form. It was covered in dust when I pulled it out of the cellar. Not good..!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Awesome bike, my first proper mtb. I now commute on an even more ugly Kilauea in dark blue, with the same pannier bag but in bright yellow!Makes a hell of a racket descending through the woods on the way home, but the dog walkers hear you a long way in advance 😆

ourmaninthenorth

MFWAW – my first proper MTB, too. Though it's heavy and unforgiving, I love the way it rides (*whispers* more than my Soul). I should use it more.

MrAgreeable

Nice bike, make sure you wash the road salt off it thoroughly!

I feel your pain re the lairy Ortlieb panniers. I'm currently looking for an interesting (i.e. not black) but understated (i.e. not shiny and gimpy) set for general load carrying and touring – something in a nice natural-looking fabric in an earthy tone. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the most appearance-conscious segment of the bike market. Funny, that. 🙂

myheadsashed

Ortleib make panniers in green if you don't mind the greenpeace logos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Argh my eyes – retro niche snow commuter in garish colours’ is closed to new replies.