Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Argh, just been entered for the Dyfi enduro – will I die? (Fat knacker content)
  • lerk
    Free Member

So, my mate has just entered me into the dyfi enduro with him in May.

I’ve never raced before and I’m not exactly the fastest rider I know… Already planning to exercise my pie eating arm less and exercise the rest of me more (turbo and sufferfest while the weather is crap) but in two and a half months I can’t see myself shedding the extra 25kg I carry up hills…

As much as I’m not the most competitive person, I don’t want to make a fool of myself and/or come stone dead last.

Please someone tell me they’re doing it in fancy dress on a unicycle or something!

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s loads of single speeders, everyone knows they’re slow :mrgreen:

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it , its not a race!!! Just enjoy the superb trails and lots of beer afters!!! 😀

allfankledup

Weights and core strength is your friend, not just turbo….
    Get into a gym for two weights sessions a week to drop some of the bulk, strengthen your legs and increase your metabolism

Been in the loop of gym sessions 3x a week since November 15th, it’s helping move 18st to a better place….

tomaso
    Free Member

Great riding at the Dyfi but some of the fire road climbs are a lesson in pain! My problem is all my riding is short tech and little distance. If you can crunch some training miles you will do fine. Oh and they have flapjacks and beer en route for FREE!

matther01
    Free Member

My first time too and my torn cruciate is my biggest concern…so probably see you go flying past me at some point 😉

Metasequoia

i wouldn’t worry, you won’t be last; you can’t be last in a non-race! Its just fun!

Speshpaul

its all about mind set.
    you have paid for a day out. say the day will cost you £100 all in – for instance.
    If you complete the course in 2 hours thats £50 an hour.
    but if you do it 5 hours thats £20.

Which is the better value?
    The latter,i always laugh at how the fast boys waste their money 😀

matther01
    Free Member

Like your train of thought Speshpaul!

senorj

Just go and have a really great weekend camping , drinking , eating & laughing.(the comedy fest is well worth a look).
    It’s not a race for you, but it’ll be a really good day ride with brilliant descents and a lot of climbing.
    I love it , brilliant location , facilities & people imo.

charliemort

Speshpaul – I apply that theory to golf the very rare occasions I play it. Why spend all that money then try to hit the ballad little as possible?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Start at the back, you can’t get overtaken that way. Grind your way up the climbs in your lowest gear, save your energy for holding on on the descents.
    Its not a race, enjoy the atmosphere. and the sausage rolls. and the beer.
    mmmm….

readikus

I am using these training sessions as a basis for my 2014 training – http://chrispedder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/five-training-sessions-to-change-your.html

readikus

I am using these training sessions as a basis for my 2014 training – http://chrispedder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/five-training-sessions-to-change-your.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Argh, just been entered for the Dyfi enduro – will I die? (Fat knacker content)’ is closed to new replies.