Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Arenberg Forest on Wednesday – hints and tips anyone ?
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Off to France with my boy to watch stage 5 and the cobbles and am after any hints and tips from people about where to park and watch the cobbles near Arenburg

We have bikes with us so a few k ride to get there is no worries.

Staying near Ypres the night before so could we see the start and get down to watch in time ?

Cheers for your help

andyfla
    Free Member

Anyone ?

pondo

I went and saw a bit of Paris Roubaix this year, watched them through Wandignies-Hamage then legged it to Roubaix to watch the finish about 50km away. I had loads of time, even with the race traffic and having to take a roundabout route, looks like your journey will be further but you’re only going to go quicker in a car than they are on bikes, I would imagine you’ll be fine. 🙂

andyfla
    Free Member

I thought it might be that way – cant believe the crowds will be bigger than for Paris Roubaix

pondo

And you’ll hopefully have the added advantage of it being the less business endy part of the day. 🙂

plop_pants
    Free Member

Don’t think they ride the arenberg just finish there. I’m going to the Hornaing stretch.

andyfla
    Free Member

YOur right, they are riding via the east of the city so prob aiming for Hornaing stretch myself

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Arenberg Forest on Wednesday – hints and tips anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.