• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kiksy.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Area to session some drops and jumps Dorset / Hampshire boarder
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Living here I do I never ride drops or jumps very often any more so when I go away and ride them I get nervous over stuff I have done without bother in the past. Does anyone know anywhere around Hampshire Dorset boarder (ideally) where I can go and spend an afternoon sessioning drops and small jumps getting my confidence back.

scaredypants

there’s a madskillz area near verwood/moors valley isn’t there – used to be anyway

here: watchmoor wood

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tidworth isn’t that far away, depending on where on the border you are.

Have a look for a BMX track, too.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Been to watch more, scetchest jumps I’ve ever been to!

Where about in tidworth? I thought it was all closed off tank ranges around there?

superfli
    Free Member

Definitely Tidworth
    https://www.facebook.com/tidworthfreeride/

You’ll need B1ke membership too (free)

Home

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought it was all closed off tank ranges around there?

Target practice requires … targets

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thanks all

burko73

The timber stuffs gone at watchmoor. There’s a pump track and some dirt jumps now. The old uk bike park is back open for demo days and some comps at shilling stone this weekend. It’s being run by hamoon cycles. I think b1ke have some interest in Milford in a jump park. There’s also Avon tyrell nr Bransgore which has pump track and some other stuff.

handyandy
    Free Member

Another vote for Tidworth. Great community as well.

james
    Free Member

I guess Rogate is too far?
    Other side of hampshire

StefMcDef
    Free Member

There’s a wee jump spot in the woods at Buckland Rings, just out the back of Lymington.

Euro
    Free Member

There must be somewhere nearby where you can…

..then you can build them as small/big as you want and if they are sketchy you’ve only yourself to blame. Good time of year for building too – a few afternoon’s work now will see you right all summer long.

kiksy
    Free Member

What Euro said +1000

Otherwise you’ve got the above ( Avon Tyrel has some tables I’m sure), plus I think Lordshill has some stuff but I’ve never been.

There’s also a few jumps in Wareham forest.

My advice rather than getting in a car and driving for hours is to spend that time somewhere local with a shovel. 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’d never get to ride if I dug my own! Although I approve of the idea. I’m yet to have my first non commuting ride this year!

burko73

No digging in the new forest…. SSSI and not helping anyone (biking) in the long run!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Good god! Daring to dig in the new forest would cause a middle class meltdown! 😮 😉

Just even riding a bike there is bad enough.

Lummox

Visited tidworth today for the first time, fantastic venue. Really sorted and well built, didn’t get past the warming up blues but took a slow roll down the hooper and that looks awesome. thoroughly reccomended

zero-cool
    Free Member

Tidworth, UKBikePark and is there anything still at Puddletown woods? Used to love going up there back in the day. They had a great set of DJ trails and all sorts of bomb holes, natural drops and stuff.

kiksy
    Free Member

Lots of clearing by the FC went on over the winter, so Puddletown is currently in a state of flux. There’s still stuff there. Including some new jumps and drops. 😉

Went up to Okeford Hill to watch the opening race and there are jumps ready to ride, a couple small drops, and a big one which lands into off camber roots that scared me just looking at it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Area to session some drops and jumps Dorset / Hampshire boarder’ is closed to new replies.