• This topic has 29 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • are you working tommorrow? if so what and why?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

let us share your pain….

keavo
    Free Member

on my last day off, of 18, today. back to work 7am – 7pm tomorrow, just the way my shift pattern falls….unlucky.
    i'm a chemical process operator on an ethylene liquefaction plant. most likely doing very little.
    looking outside now i doubt i'll be riding in on my new tricross ss, it will be an icy -5 at 6am tomorrow.

cp

i've been riding my singlecross in icy snow all week – they're fantastic bikes!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    keavo
    Free Member

the bike will probably handle it. but when i get up tomorrow and look out the window….maybe i won't.

Drac

Me 7am to 7pm too, why? Well I have to.

What? Paramedic.

keavo
    Free Member

some alcohol related incidents coming your way then?

djc1245
    Free Member

6 til 6 days tomorrow, Boxing Day and the 27th making paper

Drac

Possibly Keavo but tends be quiet.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm on call for the duration. Support to important men and women.

keavo
    Free Member

i've done christmas/new year as a police officer in the past, dealing with drunks was a real pain. good luck and best wishes to you (all).

samuri
    Free Member

Not working but I am on call. Rarely get one on Christmas day though. I can't pretend to be carrying out such a noble task as Drac, Keavo and the like but I suppose it must be important to some people.

toby1

I will be on call – but only for systems support so like samuri no where near as noble as others! Fingers crossed for a quiet day for all!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I to will be on call tomorrow.
    Work for a DNO, so if there are any faults on the distribution system then I will get called out.

Only on call as I don't like xmas very much and the money is good = snowboarding holiday money sorted

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Im on call tomorrow. but im turning my phone off

Royston
    Free Member

Xmas day already here in NZ (for 35 minutes), 'Merry Christmas' I'm at work, nights- staff nurse in ICU

anokdale
    Free Member

Working tommorrow, oil and gas industry 24/7 in Libya, definately not a white Xmas but a few sneaky fizzy ones tonight at an undisclosed location, 4 weeks off on the 28th Dec though and hopefully get a chance to ride a proper bike instead of the spin cycle i have here.

All the muslims are in the spirit of the season, they finished at lunchtime saying it what you do at Xmas, FFS the only people working are the Ex Pats.

Happy Xmas to all and all the best for 2010

meehaja
    Free Member

I'm with Drac this christmas doing a 16-02 shift as a Paramedic

stevomcd
    Free Member

I'll be working, serving up Christmas dinner to our guests in the chalet. Should be good fun. We've got a good bunch of guests and my parents and brother will be there too. We'll start/finish relatively early, then go meet some friends in the pub.

Jamie
    Free Member

I wish i was working. Bah humbug.

thejesmonddingo

First full christmas off for about 32 years,now I'm a retired nurse.Isn't it boring when you're used to being busy?
    ian

Drac

That's not a bad shift for Xmas Meehaja but what a strange shift.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

TooTall – Member
    I'm on call for the duration. Support to important men and women.

Me too.

"Duty phone" lap-top and 3G means I don't have to go in to the office or drive though. Just means I can't get toooo drunk.

Good luck and heartfelt thanks to all those who are proper "on duty"

TN
    Free Member

J is on call from Monday just gone to Monday after christmas. He is a DR type so it's computers rather than people.
    My sister and dad are both working a full day tomorrow though – he is a carer in a small residential home and my sister works in a pub.
    It's not a problem though, we're just having christmas day on boxing day. 🙂

Hope those who are doing a proper job have a steady one – not *too* busy, but not too boring either.

See you on the other side…

TooTall
    Free Member

"Duty phone" lap-top and 3G means I don't have to go in to the office or drive though.

Me too – unless I need the Dark Side – then I drive. It isn't like you work anyway Andy!

cycle-to-work
    Free Member

Working tomorrow, 7 – 4 ish Im head chef of a country house hotel. Then spending the evening with my girfriend (first time in 18 years!!)

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yessir,
    -from 9am on call and then if i haven't been called in by then, 8pm-8am at work.
    -Because I am a nurse and mental unwellness does not stop for Christmas.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

/hi-jack

Me too – unless I need the Dark Side

= Taxi to Ensleigh at their expense 😉

Never mind "work" I've got a Masters assignment to write for 4th Jan.

Have a good Christmas and see you in 2010!

"The Office" – Christmas Special (Seagulls on Ice):

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Yup, go back tomorrow. 0800 – 1800hrs.
    I'll be visiting old people who are burning their turkeys 😀
    I cannot be doing with Christmas so I'm glad I'm working it.

clwydrider
    Free Member

Duty engineer until 6am, hopefully be quiet but the combination of Christmas Spirit and Ice will probably mean a few calls.

Drac

-Because I am a nurse and mental unwellness does not stop for Christmas.

One of the busier times, my bro is a cpn.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘are you working tommorrow? if so what and why?’ is closed to new replies.