Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 214 total)
  • are you single?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does anyone want to buy my dating profile?

It’s pretty awesome… £100 or a case of decent Rioja.

kaesae
    Free Member

I would rather pull my own balls of with a boa constrictor,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=boa+constrictor&hl=en&biw=1016&bih=476&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=CgESTpeYB5S7hAeWgrnhDQ&ved=0CEcQsAQ

than date any of the nut jobs who I have had the chance to be with so far.

Single ❓ , I am sane 💡 enough said ❗

Solo
    Free Member

I got messed up pretty bad a few years back

Sorry to read that, but that is kinda the way this stuff can go.

Better to cry than never laugh and all that.

Solo
    Free Member

LoL @ Kaesae.

You’re not happy about something. I can tell you know 😉

Kit
    Free Member

Better to cry than never laugh and all that.

Indeed! And at least I can look back at that particular adventure and laugh at bits of it, like how on Earth did I get myself in that situation in the first place!

allthegear
    Free Member

Does anyone want to buy my dating profile?

Come on then TSY, show us all!!

Rachel

EDIT – (so hope I don’t get seduced by the TSY’s smooth talking…)

Solo
    Free Member

TSY.

Won’t your profile come with a bit of baggage

After all, by your own admission, you seem to have been quite busy in the past with the ladies on said website ?….

Perhaps you should be paying someone to take your dating profile from you.

Kinda like toxic waste disposal or something.
    🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not showing my profile on here, they’ll just copy it and then where will I be?

Kit… happy to give you a discount, maybe a half-decent case of Rioja.

I’m busy later so be quick or you’ll just have to wait until tomorrow.

kaesae
    Free Member

Solo I am a very easy going happy guy, my life is not easy but it is good. That said I have a wicked sense of humour and I love to laugh!

Having recently been with someone who I was friends with before hand, I have had to except that most people are not complete inside, this makes them restless and unhappy.

If I told you about all the shit that I went through for love, you would more likely than not get a right good laugh, however I have learnt that sometimes the only course of action is not to fight the current battle or conflict, but to withdraw and choose your fiture battles and conflicts more wisely!

One day I will hopefully find my love and meet my children, but it is not this day 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m not showing my profile on here, they’ll just copy it and then where will I be?

sure you’re not just scared we’ll all start stalking you??

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rachel… I’m hardly going to give you my pictures or my address… just the words… unless someone’s particularly ugly then my pics might be an improvement…

allthegear
    Free Member

And Kaesae, we’re all a little ‘nut job’ so you might as well learn to live with it!

And I mean ALL, not just 1/2!!

Rachel

xherbivorex
    Free Member

single? nope. not for the past 18 months or so. and it’s great.
    i was single for a couple of years prior to that, following an 11 year relationship with someone with a badly broken brain and with hindsight that should have ended years before it did.
    my period of singledom started badly but soon brightened up and i actually quite liked it, but i’m liking the present situation more than anything else before it though… and i met her through one of the dating websites too. not that fitness singles one though; proper waste of time and money, that was!

allthegear
    Free Member

I had a friend met someone really nice on that Fitness Singles. Not at all loopy. My friend is, though, so maybe that balanced it out…

Rachel

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i went on one date with someone from fitness singles and although it/she was okay, there was no spark or anything. the rest though… delusional is the word that comes to mind.
    having said that though, the site i met my gf through wasn’t much better really! then again, i suppose a 40something, bald, slightly overweight, teetotal, vegan, MTB riding IT technician isn’t that much of a catch to most women!

Solo
    Free Member

Kaesae.

No worries dude. Just struck me that your comment was amusing.
    Although the earlier one was slightly darker, before you Edit ninja’d it.

😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Rachel my dear, there is nut job and there is nut jobbie, in touch with reality nut job, out of touch with reality nut jobbie.

I am happy to meet someone half way, I have no problem with sacrafice or compromise, but I will not suffer selfish people with awful attitudes.

Are you single rachel ❓ 😀 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

err – that’s direct!! 😯

kaesae
    Free Member

Enough gibber jabber female! just answer the question 8)

allthegear
    Free Member

well, I did state it about 1/2 an hour ago in black & white just up there ^

emsz
    Free Member

*is v glad is not single*

allthegear
    Free Member

emsz – I’m rapidly becoming quite jealous!!

Rachel

kaesae
    Free Member

I was just playing Rachel, I know most people are mental. If I ever forget it, the clothes! makeup! and walks a lot of people have, will help to remind me 😉

There are a lot of people growing old alone, who don’t want too and that’s never a good thing.

allthegear
    Free Member

Me too, Kaesae – you’re okay really. 🙂

Bit confused at your comment about make-up, though – trying to tell us something?? 😉

Rachel

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

Kit
    Free Member

Being single, pros: independence

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdB8gCMcXI[/video]

Cons:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk[/video]

😀

emma82
    Free Member

@ Supertramp, damn and I was going to leave him tonight just so I could see whether I preferred the freedom.

I must admit that we drive some of our single friends mad occasionally, just because we are so close and I don’t do anything without having checked with him first which they find weird, like I have to get his permission. But – it’s not that at all, I just feel that I’ve made that commitment to him, i.e. to share my life with him so it’s only right to check whether he’s happy with me doing something. It helps that I know he would never say no but that’s different 😀

I love being part of a couple, I don’t really like being on my own and I don’t like being away from him overnight even to be honest. In 11 years we’ve in total spent 10 nights apart and that is just the way I’d like to keep it 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Avoid the Tesco dating site ———– all I got was a bag for life 😆

13thfloormonk

Single at the moment, internet dating is starting to look attractive unfortunately, a career in engineering and lots of solo weekends in the highlands don’t allow me to cross paths with many eligible lassies, or at least not for long enough!

mboy
    Free Member

I love being part of a couple, I don’t really like being on my own and I don’t like being away from him overnight even to be honest. In 11 years we’ve in total spent 10 nights apart and that is just the way I’d like to keep it

Each to their own, and fair play to you and all that, but you are aware that most people (including those in relationships) will find that kind’ve freaky! Even when I’ve been in very committed relationships, time apart to do my own thing was very welcome. People who do absolutely everything together as a couple, and you can’t ever get the one without the other even for just a pint in the pub, are scary!!!

Rachel, so you’re from Kings Lynn… Ever questioned why you’re single? Only seems to mr you’re capable of rational thought, can construct a sentence, and I’m assuming ride a bike. Seems like you’re a bit “advanced” for Kings Lynn! 😉 Move to somewhere with hills and mountains!

then again, i suppose a 40something, bald, slightly overweight, teetotal, vegan, MTB riding IT technician isn’t that much of a catch to most women!

You actually put that on a dating site? Going for the reverse psychology approach were you? I’m intrigued… Might go reregister with one now and sell myself as “needy, emotional, clingy slob needs an emotional crutch” perhaps, see if that works! Haha. Should raise a few laughs at least, and isn’t that the point!

emma82
    Free Member

Oh we don’t do everything together, we both have our own things but I have had comments from friends if I want to check with him before a night or whole day away just because he deserves a say, at the end of the day it’s our money I’d be spending and when you work 9-5 all week to bog off for a weekend without spending any time together is a bit unfair so it’s just out of respect really. I’m not making judgements on anyone’s singledom or their relationships, just answering a question. Oh and his mates are welcome to him at the pub, but I am friends with most of their wives so we do tend to all end up together most of the time anyway.

allthegear
    Free Member

mboy – In so many ways you’re right – it is a bit of backwater but, somehow, I’ve come to love it. Actually, I’m very lucky in where I bought – it’s a bit of a lovely enclave in a sea of desolation. 🙂

And anyway – its not that bad – the Lightning Seeds did a free gig here Sat night. (oh – okay it IS that bad..)

And The Feeling are next Sat…

Rachel

mboy
    Free Member

And anyway – its not that bad – the Lightning Seeds did a free gig here Sat night. (oh – okay it IS that bad..)

“Oh Lucky You” (sorry for the pun!)

Haha, you sell it so well! Had to spend 2 days in Kings Lynn 2 years ago, was doing some consultancy work for one of the many potato packing factories down the road… Honestly, I spent many hours trying to find anything to do, but I couldn’t believe just how sparse and lifeless it was, the Premier Inn I was staying in was about the most happening place! Maybe everyone’s busy copping off with direct family members? 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, the delights are well hidden, I’ll give you that. Imagine trying to find the love of your life here – I’ve not got an easy task!!!

Rachel

sharki
    Free Member

Right lads and lasses at STW’s speed date week, you’ve had a couple of minutes to chat to your dates, now it’s time to move to the next table and meet the next date.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hello sharki! this is all going to end in tears isn’t it. I must be at the wrong table

mboy
    Free Member

Right lads and lasses at STW’s speed date week, you’ve had a couple of minutes to chat to your dates, now it’s time to move to the next table and meet the next date.

But I was happy talking to a woman, I don’t want to have to move to the next table, or the next, middle aged men with a career in IT don’t cut it for me these days!

😉

sharki
    Free Member

Rules are rules guys.

You get to say who you liked at the end of the week and if they like you also, perhaps then you can arrange a real lengthy date and do sum ridin’ of sorts, maybe share an afternoon pimms by the park.

Or even sit and chat till the early hours loosing track of time and not even recalling what you’ve been waffling on about.

Solo
    Free Member

Emma82.

Don’t listen to the rest of them. You sound spot on to me.

I have similar thoughts about repescting your partner and giving them a say. Not necessarily a veto, just a say.

You just carry on as you are kid, don’t let this place mess with your head.

😉

emma82
    Free Member

Thank you solo, tis a bit boringly predictable on the attitudes around here of late though. I’m bored of it now to be fair, chatting on forums is nice but I don’t particularly offer comments and expect to be told I’m a freak or scary? This’ll do me, tada.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘are you single?’ is closed to new replies.