Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Are you happy on your current bike?
  • m2cyclone1
    Free Member

After owning a squillion bikes in the search for ‘The One’, I’ve finally settled on ‘right bike, right size, right setup’ in a 16″ Orange Five Pro. Hopefully now I can stop spending money (and sell off my 16″ ST4, 18″ Five Pro and a garage full of experimental bits!)

As I was riding & grinning, I just wondered how many people are so happy with their bike/s that they don’t even look at other stuff?

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m pretty much always happy with my current bike. Then I fancy a change, and I’m happy with THAT bike. It’s a neverending cycle.

danjthomas
    Free Member

im happy, got a roscoe specced as i like it and it fits like a glove. Although, i would like a light hardtail for rapid long blasts.

richmtb

I’ve got a MkI Blur LT.

I love it, its a great bike I’m 100% happy with it.

BUT…

Servicing its bearings is a total PITA

Apparently the LT2 is a joy to service…

alfabus
    Free Member

Are you happy on your current bikes?

yes.

but that won’t stop me lusting after / buying more and possibly replacing the ones I’ve got :o)

For me, that is part of the hobby!

Dave

Trekster

I just make sure that the bike I buy is “the right one”
    Been riding a Blue Pig for the past 2.1/2yrs. Most of the bits on that came from my ’96 Bontrager and ’05 Kona Dawg. The Dawg is currently being re-curbed and will be hitting the trails again soon.
    Would love another bike but just cannot justify or afford it 🙄

m2cyclone1
    Free Member

BUT…

Servicing its bearings is a total PITA

Apparently the LT2 is a joy to service…

I’m not sure that counts as being 100% happy – sounds like you have a secret hankering for an LT2 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

It’s not the bike that makes you happy, but your state of mind 😉

However having a bike that compliments a lovely view when you prop it up against the fence is always nice….. 😀

xiphon
    Free Member

Happy on 2/3 bikes.

BMX needs changing to a race-specific one (it’s currently a park bike, with pegs, gyro and front brake removed…).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, whenever I’m riding it.

That makes me about 33.3% happy as I’ve now got 3 bikes 🙂

Sometimes they’re a PITA if I’m on the ‘wrong’ one, like the Pitch on a fast XC ride, or the Swift on some of the local singletrack (which IMO put some DH spots to shame), which is why I’ve just bought the 3rd (Chumba HX1) on the basis that is should never be the ‘wrong’ bike.

Garry_Lager

m2cyclone1 – Member

After owning a squillion bikes in the search for ‘The One’, I’ve finally settled on ‘right bike, right size, right setup’ in a 16″ Orange Five Pro. Hopefully now I can stop spending money (and sell off my 16″ ST4, 18″ Five Pro and a garage full of experimental bits!)I am unhappy with your bike, m2cyclone1.

As far as my bikes go then not perfectly happy as they’re not bang on in terms of fit – two HTs where I’m between med / large. They’re fine, but for real contented happiness I think you need that fits like a glove feeling.

duffle
    Free Member

“I’m pretty much always happy with my current bike. Then I fancy a change, and I’m happy with THAT bike. It’s a neverending cycle.”

I was happy until ^^ now i want a neverending cycle do they do em in 16″?? 😉

richmtb

I’m not sure that counts as being 100% happy – sounds like you have a secret hankering for an LT2

Standover height on the LT1 is a bit tight too…

Bruce

Which One?

willard

Very happy with my Malt 2. It’s quick, comfortable and fits well. I thought about buying a full sus, but can neither justify the cost, nor the hassle.

My Malt 2 is also a nice colour.

iainc

rich – your missus is sitting at my desk, should I turn the monitor round ? 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

i dont get the folks who search for the eternal bike but they wont find it as the issue is within you and not of the bike.
    You have found miss right now and it will bore you soon enough
    I am not judging, its your life and money but i dont get it if I am honesyt.

Milkie
    Free Member

Happy with my 100mm HT, was even happier with it in the Alps on the Singletrack, thought I was going to be seriously regretting taking it, but I had a big grin when keeping up with the Full sussers.
    Looking to buy an AM bike next year though!

messiah
    Free Member

I’m almost always happy with my bikes when I’m riding them… the problems usually manifest when I am sitting in front of a cumputer screen bored. I keep telling my wife that the more time I spend actually riding my bikes the cheaper my hobby will become 8)

nicko74

Yes. Soda with Revs at 130mm, Hope wheels, Formula brakes and XT for most of the rest. I finally got the bike to a point where there’s not much else to do to it (short of spending silly money), and it’s great.

Problem is it’s the ‘doing stuff to it’ that encouraged me to ride so much. “ooh, new part, better take it for a ride”; so I haven’t been riding as much recently. Hmmm….

m2cyclone1
    Free Member

i dont get the folks who search for the eternal bike but they wont find it as the issue is within you and not of the bike.

If you’re lucky enough to be a size that falls inline with the manufacturer’s standard sizing model, you should be easily pleased – but for anybody who doesn’t ‘fit’ most bikes properly, trust me, it’s fan-bloody-tastic to finally have no issues and know that I have my long term ride.

richmtb

rich – your missus is sitting at my desk, should I turn the monitor round ?

Tell her she got a new bike now its my turn 😀

iainc

Tell her she got a new bike now its my turn

LOL – I’ll leave that to you !

flyingmonkeycorps

Junkyard – Member
    You have found miss right now and it will bore you soon enough
    I am not judging, its your life and money but i dont get it if I am honesyt.

I like playing with different toys 😀

HansRey

well, i’m so happy with my new one (bfe) that i’m thinking of selling my quake.

The bfe has been built up to a pretty good spec, it’s great fun to ride and very agile.

titusrider
    Free Member

Massivly happy with my Mojo SL/ pushed rp23/ fox 32 float qr15/ chris king/ stans/ magura marta 26lb beauty

very happy with my cotic simple fox f120 QR15

Both bikes are beyond fantastic and there is literaly nothing i would change on the Mojo. the Cotic could do with a few more bits as i either steal the mojo cockpit and brakes or run old outdated stuff. Frame and fork are brilliant though!

Un happy that i cant ride either of them because they are at my parents because im trying to sell my flat and apparntly buyers dont want a flat where all the second bedroom is mountainbikes 🙁

honourablegeorge

Couldn’t be happier, unless someone gave me a TRc frame, a Devinci Wilson frame, and a Knolly Cholcotin frame.

mrdestructo

Yes, till I found the disc tabs were missing.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Spec wise, pretty much yes. Some nice new cranks for my Nomad given a choice as my old XTR’s have been battered, but they refuse to die so it seems silly to change them.

DH bike is all good, Mrs’s trail & DH bikes need a little tweek on the spec (for ease of parts unity between all bikes) but otherwise good to go for a change.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have three bikes. I’m happy with each but for very different reasons as they’re built for different disciplines.

I’ve only just started riding again after three months post operative recuperation, so for the very first time ever, all of my bikes are in 100% perfect working condition as I’ve spent my recovery catching up on maintenence.

So yes, I’m pretty delighted with all of them.

soobalias
    Free Member

i will be happy when my next frame arrives

oxym0r0n

Very happy with my new Solaris so far – think it might get ridden in preference to the ss this eve. Hoping i’m happy with day 1 ss cross disc when I can get my mits on it 😛

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Very happy on my Carrera Banshee X.Good on all surfaces and unbeatable value for money.

Paceman
    Free Member

Yes, but i’ll always lust after other bikes, it’s part of my nature and part of being a lifelong bike lover.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very much so. I loved my Dune anyway, but putting a Marz 55 RC3 fork on has turned it from a brilliant bike to a sublime one.

Actually I do need to sort a decent reliable pair of brakes out for it, but I’m sure that can be achieved from the spares box somehow.

Would like a 44 RC3 for my C456 now, but they don’t come in 20mm flavour so that’s not going to happen.

Road and DH bikes both fine and dandy too.

🙂

spudnick
    Free Member

More than happy. Riding a blue pig and just got hold of a mint norco a line for abit of downhill stuff

Happy Days

RustySpanner

Happy with the MTB. It’s fun, fits me well and eveything works.

Not too happy riding a 16 year old alloy frame & fork on the road though.
    Might save up for a cheapish steel road frame, Genesis maybe.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you’re lucky enough to be a size that falls inline with the manufacturer’s standard sizing model, you should be easily pleased – but for anybody who doesn’t ‘fit’ most bikes properly, trust me, it’s fan-bloody-tastic to finally have no issues and know that I have my long term ride

I have a 54cm road bike [quite short stem], a 18 ” FS, a 16 ” Hardtail and a 14 ” SS @ 5 ft 9 and 1/2.

Perhaps i am just able to adapt to a slightly different bike. like I said it the choices of the buyers after the mythical right bike. They often find it for a while then try something else after a few mths.
    I still dont believe it is about the bike but it is in their head- not judging or calling names it is their choice.

OT the MTB wil stay for a good while but the road and SS would be changed if I had the money [ better spec for road SS is quite short tbh] but I am not in rush.

DickBarton

Yes

FOG

I just fancy a change, there is nothing really wrong with the ones I’ve got but let’s face it, they are toys if you are not happy with your toy you might as well change it! Having said that my HT is actually too heavy which as I get older is more of a problem so there might be some justification there!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Are you happy on your current bike?’ is closed to new replies.