Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Are you happy ?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Isn’t modern society designed almost entirely to make everyone feel unhappy/inadequate, then sell us (usually expensive) things to make us feel happy/adequate?

Aristotle
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member

Isn’t modern society designed almost entirely to make everyone feel unhappy/inadequate, then sell us (usually expensive) things to make us feel happy/adequate?

Breaking News:

The High Street was hit hard by joao3v16’s statement earlier. Consumer confidence is now low enough that people are buying less stuff that they don’t need with money they don’t have.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DezB – Member

No. Sod off.

Strange your post is still there. I posted a pictorial equivalent in much the same humorous vein, and had it deleted by the powers that be, for some bizarre and unexplained reason. Bit like this comment will be, I expect. 🙄

jools182
    Free Member

On that scale of 1-7 I’d say a 2.1

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Exercising, praying and doing nothing but relaxing are very positive ways to spend time.”

I practise 3 outta 3 of those, these Happpy days (where’s the Fonz Smiley?)

The first and the second defo help the third.

And a relaxed body and mind is the key for me

DezB
    Free Member

Strange your post is still there

Maybe no-one’s reported my misery yet. If I had a post deleted, I think that would probably tip me over the edge.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*clicks Dezzie’s history*
    *reports every post*
    *gets strangest boner*

footflaps

That is the basis for the whole advertising industry, so yes. So the less you expose yourself the better (ie avoid magazines and TV).

carlosg
    Free Member

married people have a lot more sex.

I have enough money to live, my kids like me, I’m healthy, my job is mostly OK, I get more than enough sex

Happy enough

This +1

Why do people always go on about the lack of jiggy jiggy with married couples, sure it slows down a bit when the kids are young (mine are 8 and 2) but I probably get more now than I did 23 years ago when mrscarlos and me got together. If the chemistry is there the partnership grows. I can’t keep my hands of my wife 😳

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Working as little as possible and spending that time with our young family or cycling makes me happy and content.

Being self employed helps, in that I can (to a degree) work as much/little as is required.

redsox
    Free Member

I’ve been putting of doing something for months, mainly due to fear and lack of commitment, today I refused to procrastinate, got loads done and I feel swell.

I also took the dog for a long walk in the snow, which he loved, I got soaked but he was happy, so I am happy

All in all a good day

cookeaa

Am I happy?

depends what “Happy” means to you doesn’t it I suppose

I reckon So, life isn’t perfect but I can’t complain, I love my family and enjoy my work, earn enough to live a relatively comfortable lifestyle, there are other things I’d like to spend more of my time doing, including riding bikes more, but isn’t that the case for most people?

I think the problem is that many people suffer from is an excess of aspiration / high general expectations, which basically means they can never be “happy” there’s always something else to chase (Probably advertised in MH).

I also don’t place much stock in the popular culture of reveling in long hours and lack of work/life balance (seems to be quite a British thing these days) just seems like a form of martyrdom for Dickheads…

I look at my parents generation (early 60’s, just retiring) and a brief pang of jelousy kicks in. They’re all retiring late 50’s / Early 60’s with adequate savings, pensions, plenty of equity in their homes to see them through 30 years of healthy retirement.
    I pretty much know I can’t realistically expect the same, but then t my future isn’t as bleak as say that of a Cypriot or Greek of similar age / education so I still have a relatively good lot in life…

Like many I like a bit of a rant on various FWP type topics, but once the bluster is done, I’m a pretty content soul really.

aracer
    Free Member

Why do people always go on about the lack of jiggy jiggy with married couples

Because in some cases it’s true.

Luminous
    Free Member

Why do people always go on about the lack of jiggy jiggy with married couples

Not enough swingers in town ?

willard

Not enough swingers in town ?.

People need to get out more and stop at houses with pampas grass. That will spice up their life a bit.

As for being happy, I think my answer will be “more or less”. There are times that I am and times when I am not. Those can roughly be divided into when I am at home or with my wife (happy) and when I am at work (not happy).

I guess it all balances out in the end. A net zero if you would.

Luminous
    Free Member

I guess it all balances out in the end. A net zero if you would.

But what if you jacked the job, did something you like, worked from home….. Oh, hang on.

lodious
    Free Member

I don’t need to read an article in a magazine to tell me i’m f***ing miserable.

scotroutes

My tyres are very happy 😆

Untitled by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

Markie
    Free Member

I really am. I’ve got flu and today is the first time in five days I’ve been able to get out of bed. From 10pm Friday through to 8pm Monday I spent my time mostly drifting and out of feverish sleep – I’d wake trying to work out which of my legs was the stone block with the higher water spout positioning!

I don’t know that I’m fully better now, but I’m way better than I was. I am currently sitting up in bed listening to my wife put our daughter bed. They both sound great!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Are you happy ?’ is closed to new replies.