Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Are you getting to watch the match at work?
  • jekkyl

My employer have set up a TV in the breakout area so if we’re not too busy we can pop in. I reckon employers like doing stuff like this once in a while coz it’s not very often and makes them look good.
    How ’bout your work place?

mrwhyte
    Free Member

At a school, no football to be shown in lessons today! A very stern message from the Head this morning.

seosamh77
    Free Member

always got 2 comps in front of me, pc and mac, pc is a euro2016 masheen! 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaled
    Free Member

It’s on in the boardroom, just turn up with your laptop.

Kids are watching the game at school as well and the teachers are staying late so they can watch the end.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve agreed that a TV can be setup in the office for the match. As long as it doesn’t have an adverse effect on operations then a bit of goodwill does no harm.

Stoner
    Free Member

My kids school have worked up a good wheeze. In support of their subjects of “internationalism” and national sports this term, the school will be watching the match this afternoon.

Well played Mr Williams, well played.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pretty free and easy here, I don’t think we’ve got many die-hard football fans here, but I guess most of us will have either text updates with the BBC or it streaming somewhere or other on our desktops.

wwaswas

I work at home 🙂

Will probably have it playing on the tablet beside me like I do with the Grand Tours.

mark90
    Free Member

I work from home so have the choice of not suffering the match 🙂

lunge

It’ll be on here. I’ll be using the 2 hours of quiet to get some work done.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Will be on in our T-Bar….. I’m sure I can find some work to do…..

Cheers, Steve

rOcKeTdOg

Who is streaming in live? Got a work PC that blocks various stuff though so will need to be somewhere reputable

hairylegs
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    I’ve agreed that a TV can be setup in the office for the match. As long as it doesn’t have an adverse effect on operations then a bit of goodwill does no harm.

Likewise here …our offical policy is for TVs to be tuned to BBC News, but all managers are pretty flexible and there’s always sport of some sort on most of the screens. Stops people throwing sickies!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Who is streaming in live? Got a work PC that blocks various stuff though so will need to be somewhere reputable

lt’ll be on the iPlayer/BBC Sports website. So hopefully that’s reputable enough 😉

toby1

They even bought new TVs and Amazon firesticks to spread around the place. Largely this was in an effort to a) avoid skiving and to b) avoid several hundred people all streaming it individually.

pondo

At a school, no football to be shown in lessons today! A very stern message from the Head this morning.

Mrs Pondo’s kids can watch it (she’s a high school teacher, not unduly promiscouous (I hope!)), and they’re having a non-uniform day. No plans here so far, but it won’t be a problem to have a set of headphones and 5L on – breakfast has unexpectedly been ordered and is on the way, presumably in order to commemorate the occasion. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

I’m not really into football but I’m gonna watch it at home as I’ve a 4 hour gap this afternoon.

The joys of teaching football mad teenagers who decide the match is more important than having a lesson this week.

rOcKeTdOg

IPlayer is blocked 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, thank god.

Hopefully they lose, or the hooligans kick off again & they are thrown out anyway 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

W.F.H.

8)

northernmatt

We have a spare PC at work due to someone being on a factory visit, so it’ll be on there. Could do with a bigger screen though as it’s only 21″.

P-Jay
    Free Member

My Son’s class isn’t watching it today (not that he’s bothered) as they’re on a trip – it’s Gareth Bale’s old school too, so much for support ha ha.

doris5000

I’m just gonna knock off at 1 and go to the pub. Got plenty of flexitime racked up 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is there cricket on?

ste_t
    Free Member

Gave myself the day off so going to take my father for lunch and beers as it’s his birthday.

Just being a caring son obviously.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m letting my guys watch it today. Early start combined with a late lunch to make up the time.

I have no interest though. I am still sore at missing Fort William DH from being in the US for work, Then missing Leogang live for being on the flight back.

ads678

I’ve got 2 screens so will have it on the IPlayer on one of them i reckon.

My 8 year old is watching it afternoon assembly then staying later to watch the second half.

iolo
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Who is streaming in live?

https://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv

there you go. works anywhere in the world.

eckinspain
    Free Member

They’re putting it up on the video wall and it will be on the gazillion TVs around the office I imagine.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

No, thank god.

Hopefully they lose, or the hooligans kick off again & they are thrown out anyway

That’s the spirit! Piss on someone else’s chips just because you don’t like football.

footflaps

No, thank god.

+1

steve-g
    Free Member

There is a TV above my desk which has been switched from the usual Sky News to showing the football since the start of the tournament, but I am taking a half day today with a few other guys from the office and going to the pub to watch it.

I am really not sure how you could fail to enjoy watching an England game in the pub, the thing that most people dislike about the football normally is the bit of edginess between the rival supporters, and I can understand that, but in an English pub, full of English people, watching the England team, there aren’t any rival supporters, its more like watching a band live. Even if you don’t like football, between the beer and the atmosphere you should be able to enjoy yourself.

Can’t wait, roll on half 12

davosaurusrex

Says on the BBC website that it will be available on iPlayer shortly after broadcast, sounds from that like it won’t be live online, is that right?

Stuck on a construction site with a gang of civils who are already behind schedule and therefore aren’t allowed to watch it. Some of them are distinctly unimpressed…..

theotherjonv

What’s the situation with TV licencing. I know you need one whether you’re watching a ‘TV’ signal or via the web, that’s not the question. I’ve brought my own laptop to work today, which i’m going to plug into the OHP to put it on in the canteen. I’ve got a TV licence personally, should we theoretically have one at work as well or does mine cover me while travelling too?

P-Jay
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

What’s the situation with TV licencing. I know you need one whether you’re watching a ‘TV’ signal or via the web, that’s not the question. I’ve brought my own laptop to work today, which i’m going to plug into the OHP to put it on in the canteen. I’ve got a TV licence personally, should we theoretically have one at work as well or does mine cover me while travelling too?

I believe they’re tied to location rather than person – I know we’ve had a ‘helpful’ letter from the TV licensing people just before the tournment kicked off telling us we needed one.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

seeing as i’m in charge of our AV systems, currently not enough people have paid me the requested tenner each for it to be worth my while changing the channel on the TVs around the building. i’ve got my tablet with me though…

DezB
    Free Member

Work? Ha!
    Bike ride this morning, footy later 8)

A friend of my son’s sent an Instagram message this morning, that “All schools” are able to watch the game except theirs! Silly boy. 😆

jimdubleyou

I believe they’re tied to location rather than person – I know we’ve had a ‘helpful’ letter from the TV licensing people just before the tournment kicked off telling us we needed one.

It used to be ok to have a portable device and that be tied to your home address, as long as it wasn’t plugged in.

Probably changed the rules in the 20 years since I last looked.

dlr

Back on my placement year at Uni, I think it was the 98 world cup, we had a Sega Game Gear with a TV tuner, web cam pointed at it then streamed via an early Real Player over the work network so we could watch it, quality not great but this was quite a while ago!

Management never found all the mp3 albums either nor the web server with all the playlists, chart rankings based on times listened etc….nor the Quakeworld servers with their league pages….anyway I digress.

miketually
    Free Member

My students asked me earlier in the week if I’d let them watch the match.

“Oh, are Team GB playing in the Eurovision Sportsball Championships?” was my reply. They’ll not be watching it.

I suspect that attendance won’t be great.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Are you getting to watch the match at work?’ is closed to new replies.