Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Are you British or English/Welsh/Scottish etc?
  • mogrim

Just human.

**** nationalisms of any kind.

No borders.

We'll mark you down as "Home Counties", then?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I'm British and from Yorkshire. I live in Scotland.

donsimon
    Free Member

don simon, I'm asking for your opinion and not trying to change your point of view.

That wasn't directed at you, it was more for the juveniles and prevent the thread deteriorationg into a slanging match. 😉

I agree with the sh1t way the press deal with national identity (Murray for instance -British when he wins, Scottish when he loses, but always a ****t!).

I wholly agree, but I disagree with the grief he gets when he says he's Scottish and the (generally) English fan base and press demand that he calls himself British!!

I think we need more British sporting representation and more than a Lions tour or the Olympics every 4years (if nothing else we may have more chance at winning something).

I love the idea of the Lions and also like the idea that we return to our home nations afterwards. We (perhaps just the English) are facing a problem with 2012 and the football team, correct? As the home nations won't give up their rights to be home nations, then there won't be a GB football team.
    I also like the fact that the Irish team consists or can select players from the whole of Ireland and not have seperate N. Ireland and Ireland teams.

From my side it's the English who have to make an effort for us to feel more British and it's not upto the Welsh or Scottish (can I include the Irish?)to change. 😀

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm from the peoples republic of barnsley 😉

hora
    Free Member

Wilfred Owen's famous poem contained the line:

And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

For me, he is talking about our Shire, Yorkshire.

DenDennis
    Free Member

English.
    I used to say British until I lived in Scotland for a few years and had my eyes opened by the level of anti-englishness endemic in many of the Scotch.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

South African.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

LOL @ Mogrim

But, no.

trailmonkey

english first, european second, britain is something that i just don't accept.

stu1972
    Free Member

Its a very touchy subject where i'm from in Carlisle. We were English, then Jocks then English again. No wonder were nutters !!

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'm a Londoner above all else.

So, if 'to be born English is to have won Life's lottery', to be born in't Greatest City in the World™ is surely to have won the mega-triple rollover jackpot! 😀

English-British, then European.

Human, hopefully…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Welsh most definately, especially when holiadaying abroad, "oh so you're English" no I speak English but I'm Welsh and proud of it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Born in England and I'm fiercely proud of my Irish, Scottish and Welsh neighbours. Our different qualities make us 'wikid awsum'.
    British.

yoshimi

English

backhander
    Free Member

I'm a bit of a mongrel really.
    English mum, Northern irish dad (of scots descent), oddly I have quite dark features/skin. My great grandad died building the titanic!
    Some evidence of roots in Cornwall (farm and street names etc). I have a very uncommon family name (an Irish bastardisation of a Scottish name).
    I support the English rugby team and I suppose the footy team when I can be arrsed.
    I suppose I should feel really British, but I am just feel like a person regardless of anything else.

LHS
    Free Member

English and British.

Not any real difference really, england and britain are the same, the only difference for britain is that it includes the national park to the north of us where we go biking and the farm to our left where we keep our sheep.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was born free but am everywhere in chains .Nationalism is just another one I choose not to wear

Joxster
    Free Member

I'm British for the Olympics, Scottish for the Commonwealths and Pissed the rest of the time.

glenncampbell

Scottish, then British.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yorkshire first & last & always. But my passport says United Kingdom.

Born in Leeds
    Work in t'people's republic o' Baaarnsley
    live almost on t'moors north of Bradford

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm mostly drunk.

Kuco

English

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am an Orcadian in the Lake District.

Its kind of like being an Englishman in New York… but with more sheep.

😉

dave_aber
    Free Member

Scottish.

Lived at both ends of the UK, and worked with lots of people from all over the UK. Nothing against any of them or any part of the UK (or anywhere else for that matter).

CountZero

Wessex/English/British. Family tree so far shows Dorset/Wiltshire/Hampshire connections going back to the 16th Century. My family on my Fathers mothers side seem to be connected to Sir Francis Drake's family, though yet to be proven, which is English enough for me. Via that branch, the Drakes, we've found a link to the Great Train Robbers!

kennyp
    Free Member

Both Scottish and British. Equally.

grantway
    Free Member

English

kennyp
    Free Member

Not any real difference really, england and britain are the same, the only difference for britain is that it includes the national park to the north of us where we go biking and the farm to our left where we keep our sheep.

I was going to say that Scotland and Britain are the same. Only difference for Britain is the huge bank to the south where we go for free money, and the spare bit to the south-west where we go in the unlikely event we ever get bored biking in Scotland.

🙂

rs
    Free Member

Scottish

Tiger6791

Peoples republic of t'Yorkshire

8)

Tha’ can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha’ can’t tell ‘im much

YetiFoz
    Free Member

English first
    British second
    And if I really really have to be, European.

carbon337
    Free Member

Northumbrian 1st
    Geordie 2nd
    Brit 3rd
    English 4th – not fussed bout it really or the English footy team to that matter.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Welsh – British.

zokes
    Free Member

[Flame proof suit]

If everybody on this thread who has a strong national identity in Wales / Scotland / N. Ireland / Cornwall had it forced upon them that whatever they thought made them proud to be Welsh / Scottish / Irish / Cornish was actually British, and it was 'insulting' for that nation to think of it as their own, how would you react?

[/Flame proof suit]

Just wondering, seeing the grief on the other thread…

sweepy
    Free Member

citizen of the global village, me

kennyp
    Free Member

If everybody on this thread who has a strong national identity in Wales / Scotland / N. Ireland / Cornwall had it forced upon them that whatever they thought made them proud to be Welsh / Scottish / Irish / Cornish was actually British, and it was 'insulting' for that nation to think of it as their own, how would you react?

If the Irish, Welsh or Cornish want Dundee then they're welcome to it!

Coyote
    Free Member

Mongrel. Like most people.

robhughes
    Free Member

don,t know what the **** i am.
    mother welsh farther Irish an i was born on the Wirral.
    so anyone's guess then. 😆

Talkemada
    Free Member

Mongrel. Like most people.

When I was visiting a mate in Melbourne, his mum called me a 'Rotten Mongrel' because we got a bit drunk one night, and frightened the dog.

MrSparkle

Lancastrian. English. Then British.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Are you British or English/Welsh/Scottish etc?’ is closed to new replies.