Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Are you allowed 'what's it worth' threads? Yeti SB66 inside…
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hey all, not sure if this type of thread is allowed but we’ll see..

A buddy of mine is hell bent on getting a DH bike, so he wants to know what this Beauty may be worth. He has spent an absolute fortune on it, if his wife knew the half of it!

Spec is as the picture, 2012 SB66, RC4 shock, Fox 36 talas RC2, cane creek Angle set (-1*) e13 cranks and wheelset, tech m4’s, e13 pedals, saint 10sp clutch mech etc etc. Its all in excellent nick, some of it only weeks old (mech+chain). The chain stay on the frame is also a newer revised version done FOC by Yeti.

So what do you reckon? I’d say split, but I think he just wants to sell complete and buy a complete dh rig. I’m just no good at valuing anything this new.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What size is it? A medium/large worth more than a small or xl I’d think.

Rosss
    Free Member

Bloody hell thats nice. I shouldn’t really be saying this but what DH bikes is he into?

As for valuation – 3k?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

It’s a large pal.

Thanks for the comments guys. I’m not sure what he’s keen on, probably a Morewood with the full BOS set up I think.

Cheers!

Rosss
    Free Member

Me and my brother have both been thinkering with the ideal or moving to a smaller travel bike from our DH bikes with two shocks and two pairs of forks. If he likes the sound of a solid or giant give me a shout, we could be interested

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi mate, what bikes are we talking New or old Glory? And I guess it’s the mission 9 from solid?

Cheers.

Rosss
    Free Member

New glory and solid mission 9 indeed

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Drop me an email if possible mate. He could be interested. I will send on any info to him.

Cheers, Jay

iceman8
    Free Member

Would he be interested in selling the frame only? I have a Morewood Makulu with CCDB (Large) I could swap?

Cheers

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I reckon he would mate. I will let him know.

Cheers

kayak23

How does anyone put that much money into something they realise they don’t want after five minutes?

Nice bike, wish I could afford to be that whimsical 😯

br
    Free Member

How does anyone put that much money into something they realise they don’t want after five minutes?

+1

And he’ll sell the Yeti and buy a DH bike, then at some point want another AM bike – and none of them will get ridden

iceman8
    Free Member

I reckon he would mate. I will let him know.

Cheers

Sound, my email address is in my profile if he is interested. Have loads of photos I can fire his way if required.

covertbaz
    Free Member

Someone got a large white frame! Waited over 20 weeks and it still hadn’t arrived so have up!

Looks absolutely mint! If I could offload my Covert I’d buy in a heartbeat

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

COVERT: It is a spanking frame, looks almost new (I guess it is really). Just not what he wants…even after spending a shed load to make it more Dh/FR orientated. I think he is going to split the frame and fork now and use what he can for a dh build. Get in touch if you are keen.

ICEMAN: he’s now found the other pictures/advert on pink bike. Not quite the condition he’d like I’m afraid. As this is mint he’d like similar back. For a used dh bike yours is in good nick, just a little too much cable rub/marking for him. Thanks anyway.

KAYAK+B R: Very helpful comments. Thank you. We do love forums for this sort of thing. Oh and to answer your question he’s absolutely minted and treats building bikes with ‘money no object’ as a hobby. Done with almost as much interest as riding. He won’t want other AM style bike because he rides nothing but DH trails, and has a hatred of going uphill.

Thanks all.

iceman8
    Free Member

No worries buddy. If he is interested in selling the frame only, give me a shout with a price.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi mate, he is splitting the frame, fork, cranks and wheels. I will get him to mail you.

Cheers

br
    Free Member

Oh and to answer your question he’s absolutely minted

Been there, done that.

But now get far more satisfaction through been poor and semi-retired, and riding whenever I want 🙂

kayak23

KAYAK+B R: Very helpful comments. Thank you. We do love forums for this sort of thing

Me too. Putting things in public tends to leave them open for public scrutiny. Thanks for the support 🙂
    To be fair, If I was minted I’d probably do the exact same…

Drac

As this is now a sales thread it’s being closed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Are you allowed 'what's it worth' threads? Yeti SB66 inside…’ is closed to new replies.