Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • are you a real man? hair cut or hair style?
  • McHamish
    Free Member

Oh…and i usually say “that’s great, thanks” when he shows me the back of my head.

And i usually finish off with a “cheers” as I walk out.

McHamish
    Free Member

I tried to persuade my wife to do it…she came with me to the barbers a few times and thought it looked easy enough. I’d see her in the mirror watching all eagle eyed.

She bought some clippers from Argos, but bottled it and refused to do it, she took them back the next day.

SaxonRider

I used to love going to a hairstylist, as I quite enjoy getting my head massaged by a nice young woman (normally), then having my scalp treated for 20 minutes or so.

But I can hardly justify the expense, so I just stick a 2 on the electric rasor now, and do it myself.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

#4 back and sides; cut short on top; eyebrows trimmed. £9

labsey
    Free Member

Cut. Have previously adopted long/short styles but for the past few years it’s always a No 3 back and sides, trim on top, no conversation.

Each to their own though.

nicko74

I know some people like to have a chat with their barber

My barber is a hot girl who likes the English accent, so yes 🙂

midlifecrashes

Take up residence on waiting bench behind the pretty one, hold smartphone up and make half-arsed attempt to fool people I’m checking STW rather than her bottom. When the call comes, specs off, “number one all over please, and a quick whizz over the eyebrows”, buzz, “how does that look?”, “no idea, specs still off!”, specs on, pay up, 33% tip as always. Out the door, 10 minutes and £4 inclusive.

cheez0
    Free Member

i never let a bloke cut my hair.

am i weird?

anyone else given the woolies by the thought of a bloke running his fingers through your locks and asking ‘something for the weekend sir’?

different story with a woman of course! 😀

neilthewheel

When I was younger I used to go to a unisex salon where they’d wash your hair first. I wasn’t bothered about that but it was the only way I could get a teenage girl to stick her tits in my face.

Duggan

I pay about £25 in what I think is termed a ‘traditional but upmarket’ male barbers in the quite metropolitan and metrosexual area where I live.

I have the kind of shape/build where a number one all over is out of the question- I would look positively malnourished and probably start getting sympathy cards through the post. So an upmarket, quality cut it is.

I have to say though if I thought I could get away with a number one all over and not look awful I would definitely do this.

I’m always surprised when people admit to just always getting the cheapest haircut possible though- surely of all the things to skimp on, this isn’t one of them? A bad haircut could potentially make you look like an idiot for 6 weeks and I definitely don’t need any help with that.

Most people would think nothing of spending upwards of £80 on a night out so in this context, a decent haircut really isn’t that bad value.

druidh
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with having hair long enough to to need cut.

And nowt wrong with doing it yourself with a set of clippers.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Hairstyle. – same guy has done it for me for the last 15 or so years, when he moves salon I follow. He does a good job!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d love to see some pics of those that consider themselves style merchants.

Can’t imagine they’ve got the balls to post any though!

Aristotle
    Free Member

I know that a lot of blokes agonise over losing their hair, but they should just get over it!

Using the clippers for a few minutes once a week to remove the stubble beats queuing in a barbers on a Saturday morning before being asked my views on the latest developments at City or United (I have no views on them) or where I’m going on holiday every 6 weeks or so.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m always surprised when people admit to just always getting the cheapest haircut possible though- surely of all the things to skimp on, this isn’t one of them? A bad haircut could potentially make you look like an idiot for 6 weeks and I definitely don’t need any help with that.

Most people would think nothing of spending upwards of £80 on a night out so in this context, a decent haircut really isn’t that bad value.

You live with your Mum.

fasthaggis

Are you a realman.?

Do I need to stop for some style at the cut price shop?

Give me a brake .

Oh, sorry I misread the title.

cheez0
    Free Member

bet this bloke gets his hair cut by a man..

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I see what you did there. You just want me to post a picture of me and my wondrous locks.

sam69
    Free Member

GOT a comb over meself ,round about 11 strands on the top.parting just above my ear love it

djglover
    Free Member

No 4 all over.

yunki
    Free Member

cynic-al » I’d love to see some pics of those that consider themselves style merchants.
    Can’t imagine they’ve got the balls to post any though!

think on al, think on..

racefaceec90

i don’t,hence i look like this

emsz
    Free Member

grade 1 is too short IMO

mefty
    Free Member

I’m always surprised when people admit to just always getting the cheapest haircut possible though- surely of all the things to skimp on, this isn’t one of them?

Before I started self-clippering, it wasn’t just the cost I objected to, it was the bloody time they took. Best barber I have used is this chap, very limited time wastage

munrobiker
    Free Member

Clippers whilst leaning over the bath except for VERY special occassions.

druidh
    Free Member

No, no, no.

If you do it over the bath the clippings will get all wet. I like to save mine and make little cushions full of my hair as Xmas presents for my friends.

Duggan

You live with your Mum.

Not for the last 13 years I’m afraid, Crikey.

How is your hair looking? Rubbish? It’s rubbish isn’t it? I bet it’s rubbish.

Russell96

Local barber, he knows everyone in the town and everyone knows him, he hates everyone who isn’t working and a local, he’s got a big pile of classic car magazines along with todays rags to read while you wait for your sub fiver grade two back n sides with trim on top. Has a great set of the latest sexist and anything-ist jokes, is a Man Utd supporter who loves the Rolling Stones and is quite happy to talk about his cancer op where he had a chunk of his knob chopped off. He keeps you updated about everything that has happened in the town and all the waiting customers from teenagers to coffin dodgers join in to fill you in on all the latest too, never a dull moment when I go for a hair cut.

Harry_the_Spider

Shave what’s left of it off every other week.

Real men are bald and consider a no.1 too long.

This. As much as it pains me

Amen, brothers.

Me too.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘are you a real man? hair cut or hair style?’ is closed to new replies.